Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: $109 tourney, T5s hand

When you rr all in you are only going to get called by hands that beat you. He's not going to 2x with you just a jack. Call the checkraise and see how he reacts to the turn. If a scare card falls and he keeps betting your beat. You shouldn't jump at the idea to get your whole stack in on the flop with bottom two pair.
I also agree that stealing here with T5s was a poor idea and you put yourself in a tough spot where it was easy for you to make a mistake. Next time just muck it,8 other players at the table you can pick on.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: what about...

[ QUOTE ]
JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure he can have the nuts on the flop, but I'm a little less worried about it, as there's some good chance he reraises me with JJ PF (and possibly with TT). JT and 55 are somewhat more probable here, IMO.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JJ?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the toughts. But I just want to make sure that you do realize that there is only 1 possible combination for 55, and 1 for TT (for my opp to hold)? So obviously you won't be seeing these hands often here.

I do agree that JT is a hand I am more worried about (6 combinations), obviously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is odd that everyone's talking about TT/55/Jx in this thread, but no one is mentioning JJ (that I see). JJ only adds 3 more hands that would have been beating T5, but I think they need to be considered.

Perhaps you're including JJ in Jx, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Oh well, I guess it really doesn't change the play of the hand, but I just thought it was an unusual omission.

Later,
Che

[/ QUOTE ]

i omitted jj because i assumed you'd get reraised preflop by jj, thus leaving it out of consideration here where there was a mere call of the raise. is this a decent assumption?
Old 02-24-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i omitted jj because i assumed you'd get reraised preflop by jj, thus leaving it out of consideration here where there was a mere call of the raise. is this a decent assumption?

[/ QUOTE ]

The opponent is "a solid, not extremely aggressive, player" so is it a decent assumption? I don't know. It's player dependent, I think.

I do think it is odd that people exclude JJ because it would have been raised PF, but include TT. Hard to imagine we can firmly draw the reraising line at that exact spot.

Just food for thought...

Che

BTW I know that some said TT would "probably" be raised PF - let's don't get too nitpicky with this. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]