Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Prima Poker Question/Review, Please Help

Im contemplating registering for an account on Prima, probably through gaming club, as Ive heard there no limit games are soft. However, Ive also heard some horror stories of players unfairly having their accounts locked, being banned, etc. Anybody here play there and have comments? Also, what is a good skin to use?

Thanks.

-Evan
Old 02-16-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Prima Poker Question/Review, Please Help

I played there with a large amount of cash and it was fine. You have to do the lame document send in to withdraw, but it came just fine. Having said that, I wouldn't leave more in than I had to.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:13 PM

I used captain cooks, skin is fine, as for Prima, where to begin? The games are soft, and definitely beatable, the 5/10 is bad sometimes, but is great other times, overall definitely a better 5/10 then stars but that should go without saying. The 2/4 is a joke also, and I'd say 30% or more of the players who play the 5/10 are teh same ones playing the 10/20, this is all for full ring. So yeah, great games, customer support sends reply emails faster than lightning so that's nice too.

Now the bad, and it's a long list:

1) Their software blows, it looks like it's from the 70s, poorly laid out, poor design, ugly looking full ring table, screwed up menus etc.

2) Their hand support has been down for weeks, who knows when this will ever be up again, I keep getting mixed answers from each customer support guy, so I wouldn't hold my breath. This really sucks because I haven't yet downloaded a hand history since playing in the last month, so I have no hard #s to back up my reads on players at the 5/10. I can give you a list off the top of my head of who are regulars who are tight etc....

3) I didn't have my account locked, but I did have it confirmed when I wanted to withdrawal money, that is, they wouldn't let me withdrawal until I sent them pieces of ID etc. Needless to say, it's been a few weeks and we are still going back and forth. I'm in college so my drivers license is my home address, but my college address is what I signed up with, so you can imagine the hassle. It's really really annoying going back and forth with them. I'm tempted to blow my money on a high stakes game or sell my account to someone since I don't think I'll ever get my money.

5) The previous issue, coupled with shady frozen account business I've heard before etc make me uncomfortable playing on this site, I don't feel like my money is "safe" there. I'm probably being a total loser but as soon as I get my money out, I'll probably go over to UB, even though I think the games aren't nearly as good at the 5/10 level. They do have that hand history grabber utility now though, so at least hand histories will be easier. I've also entertained the idea of going over to full tilt, I've heard OK things about their site.

Diablo's recent post about mind-numbing multitabling of lowr limit games just 5 times as many and netting 100/hour has also got me thinking about just playing 1/2, 2/4 on the internet and playing ABC poker, rather than having to think, put moves on players, study the table etc. It's a decision I've wrestled with for a long time as at first I was playing the party 25/50 and then I decided, I'm never going to learn how to improve my NL game so that I can play higher and that's when I decided to just take a leap, it's worked out fine but maybe as far as online goes low limit is an easier/better less variance way to make money. I've totally jumped off topic so I'll get back to prima.

Bottom line, juicy/great games + potential security risk = not worth it for me, but to each his own.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:09 AM

I have been playing on Prima for about 18 months through an English skin and as far as I know Prima have nothing to do with my account info, it is whoever looks after the skin that looks after your money (so I've been told)

The tourneys are very good, as are the cash games. 2/4 and 5/10 can be rocky or very loose, depending on the time of day.
Look for anyone from Ann Arbour and you're guaranteed a soft game [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

As Prima are now one of the biggest sites, I am happy to keep almost any amount on there. thenizzles must have had at least 400k on there at one time, so I dont worry about a few thousand.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Diablo's recent post about mind-numbing multitabling of lowr limit games just 5 times as many and netting 100/hour has also got me thinking about just playing 1/2, 2/4 on the internet and playing ABC poker, rather than having to think, put moves on players, study the table etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh. Evan's taken the opposite route, jumping from multitabling 2/5 to bigger games elsewhere.

I think there's a lot to be said about both strategies. I take the multitable route, which is, as suggested, low variance; I've had exactly one losing week in the last 30. But I don't rack up monstrous wins either.

Judging from your posts, AZK, you should have no trouble making $100/hr steadily with the multi action.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:03 AM

I have used the gaming club in the past and have never had to send in any id for withdrawls.

the support (esp. ernie) have been awesome, but yeah, the software sucks and lack of good working HH's for PT really sucks.

i would go with TGC though, I havent had any money related issues with them at all.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would go with TGC though

[/ QUOTE ]

second TGC
Old 02-17-2005, 03:09 PM

I like Bet365 skin for Prima Poker. Large, old, established sports betting B&M in England. Accepts Neteller deposit and withdrawal. A few of the Prima network skins will not allow Neteller withdrawals. I have not had to email any form of ID since I used Neteller. I think they want copies of ID for CC deposits. Bet365 service is good.
Back in bonus whoring days I played Golden Riveria, Aztec, 32red and Big Dollar, all Prima skins. Never had a problem withdrawing from any of these skins. Some of them have some nice invite tourney's if thats your bag.
All that said, I keep a 1/3 of my bankroll at Bet365 with a good deal of confidence. I would not do that at some of the other skins.
Prima games are very soft. Watch for suited connectors being played very aggro. (Hell watch out for 5 gapped suited as well!)
Old 02-17-2005, 07:03 PM

bet365 is a pretty safe place to put you money, probably only second to TGC as TGC will try and go to bat for you should your account get locked. Also Prima has all the power they can lock/confiscate money at the drop of a hate and the skins don't have much say.

And bet365 when I was there only allowed 1 cashout per month. Each additional cashout costs you $15 which was really annoying