Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Why having a 1/45 BB stack is great

[ QUOTE ]
I call it the "magical pink zone",

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer to be in a different "magical pink zone" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I call it the "magical pink zone",

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer to be in a different "magical pink zone" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh
Old 10-27-2005, 03:54 PM

I've always wanted to post because I have learned so much from these boards and it has been very profitable. I want to help others improve but I never really find the oppurtunity and threads such as these make me hesitate to post because as an unbiased lurker they are so informative.

From a lurker's perspective these threads (I followed Adanthar's reference to the Barron/El Diablo thread in the magazine forum) are the most enlightening.

The inability of posters to learn from debate is awesome. It seems some who come here who claim to be looking for informative debate are unable to comprehend that they could be wrong. All the while claiming that they are open minded.

Amazing.

Learnings is based upon the fact that you were wrong or that you didn't know. Otherwise there would be nothing to "learn."

Having no persona on these boards means I can look at these threads completely objectively. I have no stake in them. I'm not affiliated with anything.

And it is an incredibly comforting (and slightly disturbing for nonpoker reasons) thing to see the many thousand count posters on the most respected poker forum in the world who are incabable of learning from others. How can poker ever not be profitable?
Old 10-27-2005, 04:17 PM

Someone had an idea, they were wrong. Maybe it was a bad idea. But I really see no reason to continuously poke fun at him.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 PM

I am not offended just disappointed. If you really think flaming people is the way to improve the forum, more power to you keep at it. Reading this forum has also earned me a lot of money and I don't think reading flaming contributed anything.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always respect what you post about poker, but I lost a lot of respect for you as a person.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a forum about winning at poker. Reading it, just by itself, has earned me many tens of thousands of dollars. If I want it to keep earning me money, I believe I have to keep the strategy discussion above RGP or pocketfives, and if that entails flaming bad posts until they stop, I am perfectly willing to do that.

Also, getting offended over a funny post on the Internet is dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need to make new posts to 'flame' them, this clogs the forum, and is counterproductive.

I think betgo/oaks idea is pretty bad, but it's not the right approach to just say "Lol this is bad" explain why it's bad, and they'll learn, and you'll (not you specifically) get better too by explaining.

--

Anyways, tehres far too much "flaming" going on about this. I'm surprised mods havn't stepped in at all.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:30 PM

See the reason mantis made this post is that a lot of posters here have proved how this theory does not hold. Yet betgo and pf keep saying it does and they are getting to Barron Von territory in their stubborness. If they would just be like you know what I have learned from this and will incorporate it to my game then thta would be the end of these threads but they choose to go on even after they have been proven wrong. Holy run on sentence Batman.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call it the "magical pink zone"

[/ QUOTE ]

Chef, where is the clitoris?
Old 10-27-2005, 04:45 PM

Yesterday I was at zero chips. I knew that at that moment I was in the most +EV situation I could be in. I was able to triple my zero chip stack to zero. I like to call this "P'Zone"
Old 10-27-2005, 06:55 PM

Okay, we need to get past this topic.
Closed Thread