Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: asking a stranger to watch your stuff

I once asked a girl to watch my stuff while I went to get lunch (20 ft away), because I thought she'd been looking at me more than at her book. Sure enough, she took the opportunity to make a joke about it when I came back 2 minutes later and we started talking.

It would've went great too, if she hadn't asked whether I believed in Jesus Christ.

Scott
Old 12-01-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once asked a girl to watch my stuff while I went to get lunch (20 ft away), because I thought she'd been looking at me more than at her book. Sure enough, she took the opportunity to make a joke about it when I came back 2 minutes later and we started talking.

It would've went great too, if she hadn't asked whether I believed in Jesus Christ.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

She could have been one of them 'hooker for Jesus' types?
Old 12-01-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always say you do. I mean, we know he existed and we know what she meant, so are you lying? Would it matter anyways though? If that is the first thing she asked the chastity belt is on pretty tight i assume.

craig
Old 12-01-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If that is the first thing she asked the chastity belt is on pretty tight i assume.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish, I wasted 20 minutes of quality study time before she popped the question. Though in her defence, she was open-minded enough to follow it up with, "Do you believe in god?". Most of the uber-religious types I've met don't acknowledge the difference.

Scott
Old 12-01-2005, 05:54 PM

jeff,

Here's what you should have done. You should have taken her laptop (maybe get a friend to come by and take it or something) and stuff. Then, when she comes back and asks where is her stuff, you say "Oh, your boyfriend came by and picked it up." "WTF!?" "Uh, a guy came by, I asked him what he was doing and he said he was your boyfriend coming to grab your stuff for you. Oh fk, that was not him? Man, we better tell security, he was a black guy, kinda medium height, medium build, dressed like a student."

Try this next time,
El Diablo
Old 12-01-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If that is the first thing she asked the chastity belt is on pretty tight i assume.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish, I wasted 20 minutes of quality study time before she popped the question. Though in her defence, she was open-minded enough to follow it up with, "Do you believe in god?". Most of the uber-religious types I've met don't acknowledge the difference.

Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I am in no way a practicing Jew, I am Jewish, so when they ask me if I believe in Christ I used to tell them I am Jewish, just so they would leave me alone. I have now stopped that, because then I get, "Jesus was Jewish also".

craig
Old 12-01-2005, 05:57 PM

El Diablo,

'he was a black guy'? You got something against brothers?

Disappointed,
Yeti
Old 12-01-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have now stopped that, because then I get, "Jesus was Jewish also".

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why you stopped? On come on, that's the softest lob pitch in religion . . . "I know. Actually, I'm very impressed that you're comfortable with the fact that your own god wouldn't be a Christian if he were alive today. That really takes a lot of confidence."

Scott