Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Confused by ultra tight tables?

This is the type of tables where there are only rocks or tags. Should I even bother to play on them? I don't think these games are beatable at a 5 percent rake longterm? I just have run into too many of these tables lately where I have gotten my head handed to me...... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Confused by ultra tight tables?

It depends how bad the rocks are. 15/9 is a losing formula for 6-max as surely as 45/25. I don't know where your playing though that you can only find tables with rocks and TAGs at them. Where ever it is I'd go elsewhere.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It depends how bad the rocks are. 15/9 is a losing formula for 6-max as surely as 45/25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players with both those stat profiles may be winners despite playing sub-optimally pre flop.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It depends how bad the rocks are. 15/9 is a losing formula for 6-max as surely as 45/25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Players with both those stat profiles may be winners despite playing sub-optimally pre flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

While technically this might be true, Leader's point is, presumably, that if you have these players at your table they will be losing money to you, which is the relevant point given the OP's concern.

/mc
Old 11-10-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone with 15/9 or 45/25 stats doesn't understand how to play 6m. Consequently they are undoubtedly making the same kinds of mistakes post flop. The combination is almost certainly not a winning strategy unless they're playing against terrible competition.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone with 15/9 or 45/25 stats doesn't understand how to play 6m. Consequently they are undoubtedly making the same kinds of mistakes post flop. The combination is almost certainly not a winning strategy unless they're playing against terrible competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're making too many assumptions. I know of several 40ish VPIP players who are surely winners in very tough shorthanded games and who I'd crossbook against the average HUSH poster. Additionally, I would not be surprised if most soulless nits...er 15/9ers are small winners who coast to a marginal winrate on the strength of their monster starting hands.