Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: what is the rule for this.

Smash a chair into Seat 7's cranium that should also serve as a future warning for Seat 6.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:07 AM

A similer situation happend at the game I attend it was well known before hand that the hosts sister had never I mean NEVER played any type of poker before so we were a little easy on people helping out (she even had a hand cheat sheat next to her to help recognize hands she might have) So maybe you had a simaler situation. If not I vote for chair smashing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2005, 06:52 PM

I actually had a similar situation come up in a freeze out I held a while ago.

It was post flop, 1st position makes a pot sized bet and I moved in from the next seat. MP1 players contemplates a call, then folds and flashes his hand to the player on his left. He didn't realize that the player he showed still was active (there was mucho cervezas being served).

We ruled by majority that the mucked hand had to be exposed to the whole table and all was peachy.

As an aside, the guy who called after seeing the mucked hand was probably not influenced by knowing two 7's were out of the deck preflop. Nonetheless, it wasn't his fault that his neighbor showed him his mucked cards and his had can't be declared dead for that. The mucked cards need to be exposed to the whole table so all remaining players can be afforded the same information.

PG
Old 07-10-2005, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As an aside, the guy who called after seeing the mucked hand was probably not influenced by knowing two 7's were out of the deck preflop. Nonetheless, it wasn't his fault that his neighbor showed him his mucked cards and his had can't be declared dead for that. The mucked cards need to be exposed to the whole table so all remaining players can be afforded the same information.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree that this is the same situation as yours. Read this again:

"seat 6 and seat 7 shows each other their hands... seat 6 folds a 77....seat 7 calls."

Note that it reads as if they showed the two hands BEFORE the sevens folded.
I still say that both hands are dead.

In your described situation, showing the cards to the table was the correct ruling IMHO.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that this is the same situation as yours. Read this again:

"seat 6 and seat 7 shows each other their hands... seat 6 folds a 77....seat 7 calls."

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously misread the OP

sorry.

Later

PG
Old 07-11-2005, 08:57 AM

"The mucked cards need to be exposed to the whole table so all remaining players can be afforded the same information."

The problem here is that players have acted without this information and now players get to act WITH it. Not a fair situation even after cards are shown to the entire table.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:09 AM

I misread the initial post. I hadn't realized they showed 'each other' their cards before acting. Obvious collusion.

Both hands should be declared dead.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:35 AM

"The problem here is that players have acted without this information and now players get to act WITH it. Not a fair situation even after cards are shown to the entire table. "

Unless I'm misreading this, it sounds as if you're saying that the hand should be a misdeal, because players acted before the two colluded?

Or by players did you mean only the two "colluders"?
Old 07-11-2005, 02:47 PM

No - I was saying you can't just turn over the shown cards and proceed. Players have acted already based upon certain facts. Now a player has been shown additional information befre he has to act. His hand must be declared dead - he can't be allowed to act now that he has seen the other player's cards.

Plus - by flipping them over, every subsequent player gets to use the additional info to make their decision - the people who have already acted are at a serious disadvantage. Flip them over AFTER the round of betting has concluded if you must, but not in the middle of the round of betting.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus - by flipping them over, every subsequent player gets to use the additional info to make their decision - the people who have already acted are at a serious disadvantage. Flip them over AFTER the round of betting has concluded if you must, but not in the middle of the round of betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be no need to expose a hand if the players that have seen that hand are all OUT of the hand in play. I'm not sure what scenario you're thinking of that you'd expose the dead hand or flashed hand on the NEXT round of betting... ?

Let's be clear here- the OP's situation, both the 77 and other hand are dead. No hands are exposed that haven't been already. Play moves on.

In this situation from the sub-thread: "MP1 players contemplates a call, then folds and flashes his hand to the player on his left.... We ruled by majority that the mucked hand had to be exposed to the whole table and all was peachy."

This is the only solution that works- you expose the hand to the entire table and play moves on.

Agreed?