Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ATE articles any good?
no 6 37.50%
yes 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: session review time again

Pokher,

Explain your "Sweat for Sweat" idea, I might be interested.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 07:36 PM

sweat for sweat

i sweated ads for 2 hours last week. He's done 45mins of sweat for me. Having a 2+2er over your shoulder stops you fecking up at the tables. Peers make peeps nervous.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:45 PM

I am probably going to have to sit this one out. I'm headed home for christmas, so I won't have a computer with PT. I will voice that I think the 2-level split is probably a good idea. It's not that I don't feel I can learn from players at lower levels - I found my last session to be great. However, the difference in game dynamics between 5/10 and .5/1 is huge. It just seems to make more sense to me for sessions to be carried out where the reviewer has experience with the type of play that is happening.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:45 PM

I agree with guruman, these hand review sessions are really, really useful. I didn't get any comments back from the guy I reviewed but that probably serves me right for failing to return more than half the hands of the guy I reviewed one month earlier [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

As for being reviewed myself, I got more out of the session review (guruman reviewed me and gave me a smackdown when I spewed) than anything on this forum in a long time. In fact, it helped "get my groove back" to play 5/10. I think it's a safe bet if the person who's supposed to be reviewing you doesn't, just bookmark this thread and come back in a week or two and pm one of us, I know I'd be happy to give a little back to this community that's constantly improving my game.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokher,

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get on AIm or MSN - Ill just type myhands to you as we play and you can say "bet" "fold that hes got you beat". "Ah2c" "AcAc RIGGED".

Then we argue over folding it and both think we're right so post on 2+2 and then we get an answer... then 2+2ers argue about it and think they're both right. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

1hour for 1hour. I play with my cash, you watch... you play your games and ill watch.

This has got to be more "stakes" suited i think though as aggression of at 20/40 game(Extreme example) will probably make a 1/2 player fold a hell of alot for example.

Anyhow i'm at .5/1 for partys bonus then back to 1/2 for a bit and some 2/4 at pacific [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

If your interested, PM Me - Or whoever is at your stakes that you want to do this with.

Numeri Why not do this once a month, and each week the reviewers who get paired up send eachother a session. After that month they switch to a new reviewer.

1 week trial, then they must re-arrange it if they hate their reviwer(no hard feelings).

Hows it sound?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pokher,

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get on AIm or MSN - Ill just type myhands to you as we play and you can say "bet" "fold that hes got you beat". "Ah2c" "AcAc RIGGED".

Then we argue over folding it and both think we're right so post on 2+2 and then we get an answer... then 2+2ers argue about it and think they're both right. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

1hour for 1hour. I play with my cash, you watch... you play your games and ill watch.

This has got to be more "stakes" suited i think though as aggression of at 20/40 game(Extreme example) will probably make a 1/2 player fold a hell of alot for example.

Anyhow i'm at .5/1 for partys bonus then back to 1/2 for a bit and some 2/4 at pacific [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

If your interested, PM Me - Or whoever is at your stakes that you want to do this with.

Numeri Why not do this once a month, and each week the reviewers who get paired up send eachother a session. After that month they switch to a new reviewer.

1 week trial, then they must re-arrange it if they hate their reviwer(no hard feelings).

Hows it sound?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokher- I really like this idea of having it go on 4x during a month, but this only works if the reviewer is paired up with the reviewee and not a daisy chain where i review a, c reviews me, d reviews c, etc etc. But I do like this idea. Can we do this numeri? Please?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:25 PM

I missed the first one, and I'm going to have to miss this one since I'm going back to Sassachusetts for Christmas. But this is a great idea and I don't know how I missed it last time around.

I like the level splitting idea. I'd be happy reviewing a 3/6er's play.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As for being reviewed myself, I got more out of the session review (guruman reviewed me and gave me a smackdown when I spewed) than anything on this forum in a long time. In fact, it helped "get my groove back" to play 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

aww, you're sweet. I'm still trying to stick at 2/4. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 12:38 PM

Bump for the Saturday crowd. At the moment, it looks like the 'split' vote is winning, so be sure to send your level as well.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: some key points

[ QUOTE ]
Second, aargh57 makes a good point about the holiday season. I will also be very busy travelling. Since I'm in charge [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], I propose making this a three-week session. All reviews should be completed by Monday, January 9th. For those who aren't busy and feel this is extraneous, feel free to set up your own!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing 4 weeks with this in the micros for this reason as well. Though three weeks seems more fitting. Since I link you for any microer that would need it I must go edit quickly to 3 weeks so we stay on the same weeks.

Cheers [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Thomas