Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ATE articles any good?
no 6 37.50%
yes 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: session review time again

[ QUOTE ]
I still have yet to hear from the person who was suppposed to be reviewing my hands from the last time we did this. Did this happen to anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this happened to me. It was kind of my fault too because I never got in touch with him (I've been very busy so it wasn't a big deal). I think a lot of the problem stems from the fact that the match-up thread drops off of the first page so quickly. Is there a way we could sticky it or something? I guess then nobody could respond...
Old 12-16-2005, 05:04 PM

it happened to me the first time. IMO the potential knowledge gained is worth the risk of not having someone respond.

(I could do an ev calculation. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 12-16-2005, 05:07 PM

Part of this might have been because I wasn't able to PM everyone. It's taken me almost an hour with 20 different people to PM - just to make sure everything was set up correct - and sending 50 just didn't sound appealling.

I've still found it very helpful, and I know others have as well. I wouldn't get too disappointed if you didn't hear from someone. I've had that happen to me, but I still enjoyed reviewing the other person.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 PM

I haven't heard back from the person reviewing my hands, but I accept the blame for that as I went away right after the pairings where made and only got a HH to him a few days ago.

I was more bothered by the fact that the person I was supposed to review never sent anything. Reviewing someones elses play was the main reason I signed-up for this, as I did a review post of one of Pokher's session and it made me think alot more about my game than I normally do.

I sent a PM, so I am in again. Hopefully I get matched up with someone who actually sends something this time.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 05:30 PM

Hey Dopey,

If you'd like a spare session to review and want to see me tilt at a wild table, check out this session.

Those opponents will keep you up nights. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 05:41 PM

I voted no split.

Good insight can come from the most unlikely sources. My reviewer this time has about 20 posts to his name, a complete newbie - he did a great review of my session. We're all here to learn and we can all contribute in some way. Plus for those hoping to move up, reviewing a session at a limit higher than the one you play can be a big additional help.

I would like a return to the random partner generator method - I liked the surprise.

keep up zee good work numeri.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:49 PM

Guruman,

Can't access the session, I guess because i don't have a gmail account. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I sent a PM if you want to e-mail it to me I'd be interested in taking a look.

Dopey [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 05:52 PM

Hey numeri,

I'd like to do a session but am going to be on vacation after X-mass for a week (Vegas baby!!). I'm assuming it will start the 19th and go to the 2nd? I'm sure that some others will be in the same situation around the holidays. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:54 PM

If anyone here wants to do a "Sweat for a sweat" then post hands we disagree on, on this forum that'd be much better than going through 200 hands.

I find sweats far more interesting. Also help note taking and keep me concentrating aswell as learning more.

Anyone interested? Preferably play above or at $1/2 6max - AIM is: POKhERLH - Anyone can add me [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thought i'd post it here rather than spam the board.

Numeri i pmed you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 06:10 PM

Default some key points

I'd like to make a couple points.

First, I know some of this is due to the lack of follow-through on my part in not sending a PM to everyone, but there were obviously a few who did not respond or participate the last time. Please do not submit your name if you do not intend to participate.

Second, aargh57 makes a good point about the holiday season. I will also be very busy travelling. Since I'm in charge [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], I propose making this a three-week session. All reviews should be completed by Monday, January 9th. For those who aren't busy and feel this is extraneous, feel free to set up your own!

Also, the split poll is ... well ... split. Interesting. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'll hold off judgement for now.