Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: What do you eat at McDonalds?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just got done watching "Super Size Me" for the first time and I have vowed never to eat fast food again. Of course, I won't stick to this but I'm going to try my best to get it down to once a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

morgan spurlock is a stupid fagg0t, if anyone at garbage 3x a day the result would be the same. i hate that guy what an uppity prick i would love to pop him in the mouth for being so goddamned smarmy

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to make a "Super Size Me II" where I eat nothing but celery every meal for a month and then have doctors tell me how malnourished and sick I am because of my diet. I'm gonna take the celery industry to the ground!!!

Morgan Spurlock is a douche.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:56 PM

Old 12-05-2005, 06:59 PM

I try to avoid McDonalds as much as possible. Their food is bad for you and it doesn't even taste good, plus they are trying to take over the world. Bleh.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 PM

I thought Super Size Me was conceptually stupid before I ever saw it. After seeing it, I still think it's a stupid concept, but there's a LOT of interesting information in there about the food industry, health education, etc etc etc. People saying "[censored] Morgan Spurlock, haha of course you're going to get fat and sick if you eat three trillion calories of fat a day, [censored]" probably haven't seen the movie. I know, because that's what I said before I saw it.

I mean, yeah, his little journey into fatty-dom yields obvious results. But the movie's filled with fairly interesting investigations into other things related to the fast food industry. It shouldn't be taken as gospel, and anyone who needs a movie to tell them eating fast food regularly is bad for you is a [censored] moron. But it's still a movie worth watching.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:02 PM

Ogre and others,
The reason that breakfast cannot be served all day is because the same grill is used to cook meat and sausage and steak, so there are issues with that. Only having one grill to cook the meat on will make everything take longer to get, and eggs get their own separate grill. Additionally, there is not enough space to store both the breakfast food and the lunch food in the cabinets. FInally, if there was breakfast all day, the food would suck cause the eggs take forever to cook and are a pain, and they dry out in the cabinets in twenty minutes.

As to the magic 1030wall: Often, the employees that open the store get to have their break once breakfast is all cleaned up, so they rush to finish it to clean it up so they can enjoy their half hour of solitude. Breaakfast is more of a pain in the ass to serve, too, hence employees try to stop it as fast as possible.

As an aside: If you are persistant enough, you can get hotcakes or a breakfast burrito any time of the day.

Any other McDonalds mysteries twoplustwo wants answered?
Old 12-05-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ogre and others,
The reason that breakfast cannot be served all day is because the same grill is used to cook meat and sausage and steak, so there are issues with that. Only having one grill to cook the meat on will make everything take longer to get, and eggs get their own separate grill. Additionally, there is not enough space to store both the breakfast food and the lunch food in the cabinets. FInally, if there was breakfast all day, the food would suck cause the eggs take forever to cook and are a pain, and they dry out in the cabinets in twenty minutes.

As to the magic 1030wall: Often, the employees that open the store get to have their break once breakfast is all cleaned up, so they rush to finish it to clean it up so they can enjoy their half hour of solitude. Breaakfast is more of a pain in the ass to serve, too, hence employees try to stop it as fast as possible.

As an aside: If you are persistant enough, you can get hotcakes or a breakfast burrito any time of the day.

Any other McDonalds mysteries twoplustwo wants answered?

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares about their [censored] employees. give em a small raise and tell em to stfu or get out. if they served breakfast all day their business would increase drastically.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:18 PM

NLSoldier,
If breakfast was served all day, trust me it would be a negative margin as the waste would be astronomical, and as for the employees: don't [censored] where you eat. THe grill is like the defense in football. They arent the glamourous ones, but they are what wins.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NLSoldier,
If breakfast was served all day, trust me it would be a negative margin as the waste would be astronomical, and as for the employees: don't [censored] where you eat. THe grill is like the defense in football. They arent the glamourous ones, but they are what wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...no. Nothing about mcdonalds is glamourous.

My usual- big mac meal, 2 burgers. Coke.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:52 PM

You already know this but this reminds me of these fat old ladies who would eat at Carl's Jr about 3 times a week when I worked there and order double western combos with onion rings and extra large diet cokes. That always amused me.

Oh I really really like quarter pounders, and am shocked that people prefer big macs.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-05-2005, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You already know this but this reminds me of these fat old ladies who would eat at Carl's Jr about 3 times a week when I worked there and order double western combos with onion rings and extra large diet cokes. That always amused me.

[/ QUOTE ]

bah, it's not that amusing. most people who drink diet coke with fast food just like the taste of diet coke.