Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Hotels Accepting Neteller?

Hi,

Are there any Vegas Hotels that accept payment for room rate direct from Neteller?

I know that I could easily transfer the money into my checking acont and then pay from there, but I kind of like the idea of paying straight out of Neteller, as a celebration of my winnings this year.

Thanks,

Rob
Old 07-27-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Hotels Accepting Neteller?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Neteller is basically a gambling bank, not a . . . .real one. ???

Grinderswarehouse - NOT just another BLOG
Old 07-27-2005, 09:35 AM

I don't know what a "gambling bank" is, but i've never heard any allegations that Neteller is anything other than a legitimate online payment service, in the same market as Paypal, except that Paypal doesn't do gaming. I've not heard of any hotels accepting these services, but apparently you can get a Neteller debit card. However, it doesn't appear to be Visa- or MasterCard-branded, so i'm not sure where it would be accepted, and their fee schedule looks outrageous at least by US standards.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 AM

Not gonna happen.

Jeff
Old 07-28-2005, 07:56 AM

Neteller is 99% gambling.

I have read in a number of places that if you want to invest in the market with online gambling, Neteller is the company to invest in.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:03 AM

FWIW...

I would not classify online payment services like Neteller/PayPal/FirePay/etc... as a bank. Bank's invest your money to provide the consumer interest return on the money kept in the bank and also to gain profits for the bank itself. Neteller (I don't know about the others) invests your money solely for their own profit.

(Note: I reference "bank" in terms of US banks - I don't know what it's like in other countries)

I do think it's interesting that you've seen/read advice to invest in Neteller - PM me some links to those articles if you get a chance.