Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Neteller Tip for New Players

Firstly, if you haven't signed up for a Neteller account, you must! It is an extremely slick and efficient way to transfer money in and out of the various poker sites you will want to be using to build up your bankroll through bonuses, and hopefully, winnings.

Secondly, a tip for non-USA based players; make sure you setup the currency for your account as US$ when you originally sign-up. (Assuming that you will be playing at US$ sites, such as Party, Empire etc)

I made the mistake of setting my currency to UK£, and I have lost quite a bit in currency exchanges, prior to opening a new account in US$ and getting Neteller to transfer my balance over for me today.

For example, I cashed out $400 from Party, which was then converted into approx £220. But this was only enough to then deposit $390 into Empire. I lost a hard-earned $10 in exchange fees!

As I intend to chase bonuses for the next few months to build up my BR, these losses had the potential to mount up considerably.

Good Luck!
Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Neteller Tip for New Players

Do you need to register a credit card to this to use it?

Or is that for withdrawals only? (Assume credit card = Authenticated account, but can i cash into pokersites if its not authenticated.?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you need to register a credit card to this to use it?

Or is that for withdrawals only? (Assume credit card = Authenticated account, but can i cash into pokersites if its not authenticated.?

[/ QUOTE ]

You do not need to register a CC. You can hook it up directly to your bank account and just do EFTs. Which leads me to another tip that I do.

If you are concerned about the connection to your bank account and fear it being compromised - open a second bank account to connect Neteller to and only keep your poker funds in it.

A8
Old 06-01-2005, 12:45 PM

Butt you have to link it to your bank in some way or another?

You can't open a "isolated" account and just keep money in there with no connection to banks/Bank Details/Credit cards etc?

Opening a bankacount purely for poker is hassle but ill do it if needs be.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2005, 01:01 PM

Opening a special account is not really a big deal. I know some people on 2+2 opened Ing Direct accounts online and use those for poker funds. I happened to have a second little-used checking account I hooked up for online poker purposes.

Take a look at the Ing Direct website for information on that account. I believe it also pays interest.

Regards,

T
Old 06-01-2005, 01:33 PM

how do you actively chase bonuses?? are they earned just by playing fixed limit games or do you have enter tournaments, raked hands, or higher limit games??
Old 06-01-2005, 01:43 PM

I have yet to cash out from a poker site, but was going to do so today in a small amount to bet on an upcoming fight this weekend. I'm on Pokerstars currently. How long does it take to cash out? It said it could take as long as 72 hours. Is that a reasonable estimate or did they just use that timetable to cover themselves if it takes longer?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:46 PM

If I'm depositing a small amount and dont plan on cashing out for a while or re-depositing for a while (unless I lose it all) is it all that necessary to set up a new bank account? do most poeple who use neteller set up a new one?
Old 06-01-2005, 01:51 PM

I just used my current bank account. I think for those that are winning and transferring large sums of money and want to keep their poker money separate from their income or "real" money, it is advantageous to have them separated. But for small sums I don't think it's that serious. However, like it was stated, if you feel "nervous" about having your primary bank account connected to a site online then you are better off opening a separate account. But no, it's not a rule or anything to open another one.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are concerned about the connection to your bank account and fear it being compromised . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

. . . then don't be. Neteller is publicly traded on the London AIM exchange with a market cap of over a billion dollars. They aren't going to steal your money.