Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:36 AM

Default Re: WSOP Day 1A: \"Official\" Results, News & Discussion

I would have figured Cookie Monster would be there before Elmo.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My bust hand (30 mins before dinner break) Blinds go to 200/400 then. Thoughts appreciated.

Blinds 100/200 ante 25 (Level 4)
1,250 or so left in the day 1a field

Stacks
My stack: approx T8000
MP2 stack: approx T20000
BB stack: approx T15000

Fairly weak passive table except for a few good players. Limps are generally good enough to see a flop. MP2 just sat around 30 mins ago and has raised when he has played, very little limping, he is also big stack at table.

I see 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG and limp, folded to MP2 who makes it T650 to go. Folded to BB who calls for T450, I think and call. I have a tight image at the table and have generally played solid all tourney.

POT: T2200
FLOP T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet T1500, MP2 looks at me and raises to T3600 total. So T2100 more for me to call, and I have about T6000 left in front of me. I think about it and push. He calls. I say "You got overs but I am the favorite".

Results
Turn: Td
river: 3h

I show 7s with an 8 kicker
He shows Qd Qs and takes down the pot

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed, now how bout some thoughts? In retrospect I think the check raise is the proper play as I am getting a lot more FE, anyhoo after the T1500 bet I was committed there, I wasn't going to be folding it up on his reraise. I know it sounds silly but I definately wasn't just here to be here and wanted to make a run, this would have given me some chips to do that. Next year. Thanks for the replies, anymore would be nice.
~Justin
P.S. Great to meet all of the guys I did at starbucks

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would have checkraised or made a 1/3 flop bet and pushed all in on a raise. It's interesting cause unlike with an unpaired FD, where it's vital to make overs fold, here you don't care either way, depending on the size of the pot when he gets put to a decision. Unpaired I might lean toward a 1/3 bet, as seeing the turn has more value for you. With your 1500 bet, you're likely to fold overcards and then pushed on by overpairs, which is not what you want. If you don't think there is anything you can do to get him to fold an overpair, then I'm torn between a check/call and a checkraise on the flop. It probably doesn't matter either way.

By 1/3 betting the flop, you can define your opponent's hand fairly well as overcards v overpair, but the info's probably of no use to you, since if he has an overpair he'll raise and then he's pot committed.

Actually, I think I the check raise, as it maximises the money you take from overcards while, in the worst case scenario of a check through, you get to see a free turn with a drawing hand (although that hand will probably be ahead so really he has the drawing hand).

[/incoherence]
Old 07-08-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: End of Day 1A Chip Counts per pokerwire

[ QUOTE ]
465 Jarrod Babel $ 15,850

[/ QUOTE ]Yay! Go Jarrod!
Old 07-08-2005, 11:52 AM

I wouldn't have called the raise pre-flop especially in a 3-way pot. I'm not crazy about the limp pre-flop either but I realize that it's relatively cheap compared to your stack size FWIW. IMO something like 87c is going to be quite difficult to play after the flop from the UTG position. At least for me it is. You've got lots of time to try and double up and I think there have to be much better situations for you that will come. I would be looking to play speculative hands from late position in the right situations at this stage of the tournament again FWIW.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:53 AM

Why are we so surprised to see Elmo? We've seen Count Chocula disguised as "Barry Greenstein" for years.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:09 PM

I'm not sure there was anything you could have done, don't you think that even if you had jammed he would have called with top 2? Then he still would ahve sucked out.

I'm a donkey, and I would have called with top two.
Ken
Old 07-08-2005, 12:14 PM

I lost about 9:15pm on Day 1a.

I picked up AA in late position.. 8k stack, blinds are 150/300/25 ante. Guy to my right (another pokerstars guy) makes it 900 to go.. I pop it another 1500....

He pushes all in.. I call, he's got QQ and spikes the 2 outer on the turn.

Nothing sadder [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5 Corey Cheresnick 95,375 Chips 0 (Lord help us all if this tool gets tv time)

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is this guy?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: booo

[ QUOTE ]
Or, you can scroll in THIS thread and find the particular player update you're looking for. This set up is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you telling me that you find it easier to navigate posts that all have the same title versus posts that have different titles? that makes sense...

rj
Old 07-08-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: booo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or, you can scroll in THIS thread and find the particular player update you're looking for. This set up is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you telling me that you find it easier to navigate posts that all have the same title versus posts that have different titles? that makes sense...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

oh god stop whining

there are other poker forums. if you dont like this one, go away. just, for the love of god, stop whining