Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-31-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Should I go broke here (KK early tourny)

1st round of blinds still at $200+20 live B&M. 15/30 with 1000 starting chips.
Hero has 940 chips
Villian has 1060 chips
Hero delt Ks Kh
pf villian limps MP, hero raises to 125 on button, villian calls for heads up action.
flop is 2h 4c 5c
pot is 295 and villian bets 300, your move? what is his range of hands? Never played with this player before but we've been delt 1.5 orbits.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: Should I go broke here (KK early tourny)

well since you put it that way ("broke") i guess he had a set. I would put it, "Should i double up here?"
Old 12-31-2005, 02:26 PM

Push and hope villain doesn't have a set or straight.

Unless villain is making a move, I would say he has a set, straight, smaller pp, or a draw. He could also have AK/AQ and think he may be ahead plus he would have a gutrshot.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:30 PM

I would think so too.. but he had Ac 3c which makes me wonder if he thought it was justified to see a flop with Ac 3c, what other hands would he feel the same way about? Probably any a2-a5c, at-akc, 22-tt would make that bet? I'm trying to think about +EV or -EV vs the range he could have had.

This scenario reminds me of the Sammy Farha 1k call vs the guy that had 10k and AA pflop then put it all in on the flop with trips. It's that sort of question... Do you pay it off at that point for his gambling to see the flop?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:31 PM

I agree betgo, do you think I am +EV or -EV in the situation though?
Old 12-31-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think so too.. but he had Ac 3c which makes me wonder if he thought it was justified to see a flop with Ac 3c, what other hands would he feel the same way about? Probably any a2-a5c, at-akc, 22-tt would make that bet? I'm trying to think about +EV or -EV vs the range he could have had.

This scenario reminds me of the Sammy Farha 1k call vs the guy that had 10k and AA pflop then put it all in on the flop with trips. It's that sort of question... Do you pay it off at that point for his gambling to see the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
The way you posted it, I figured maybe A3s.

I wouldn't call a raise heads up for that much of my stack with A3s. Kind of fishy, but also depends on style.

I posted a hand a while ago on STT where I came in as the 2nd caller of a small raise with A2s on the CO in round 1 of Party SNG. Everyone was berating me for calling the raise, but 2+2 SNG players tend to be ubertight early.
Old 12-31-2005, 02:53 PM

Why push? Better hands aren't folding. Just call and push when he fires the turn and is pot-committed. If he has flopped a better hand he'll still bust you - it makes no difference. If not then you remove the possibility of him getting away with 88-JJ. If an ace comes on the turn and he pushes then you can get away. [I don't care that he had A3 here, I'm talking generally. I think people recommend "push" without thinking what they're trying to achieve.]
Old 12-31-2005, 02:54 PM

I would go broke, A3 is possible, but I would not put him on that hand with preflop call

I would think maybe a pair like 66-88 and he likes that board and doesnt want you catching a big ace...

I go broke.

These sng's in b&m suck.. the blinds get big so soon releatve to hands seen
Old 12-31-2005, 02:56 PM

Push. He probably has an overpair as well. He probably won't fold it. Worst case scenario is a set and it's not too terrible likely with his big bet. He could very likely have a good ace w/ a flush draw, which would give him a ton of outs, but still you'd be justified in playing obviously. Push Push push.
Old 12-31-2005, 03:02 PM

30 big blinds. kings on 245. ha ha.

go broke and stop being results oriented its bad for your poker abilities.