Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 06:07 PM

Default AK vs extremely Aggresive tag(says PT)

<font color="green">Reads

<u>MP - An AGGRESSIVE TAG</u> My notes show the following:

He once Smooth called a flopped set,
He Preflop raises on the button with 2 or so limpers with A5s.

Hes played most things pretty standard, He did continuation bet a 976 flop with QJs having 3bet from button after CO raised then checked the flop to him. He spiked a jack on the turn and bet but then checked behind on the Ace(976JA).

He also represented trips on the river as a bluff with KJ HU on a QA85Q flop after he'd been calling down OOP.

So basically MP is an aggressive TAG who raises alot of hands in CO/Button and has once bluffed the river OOP HU.

PT Stats of:22/16/4.2 over 1200 hands. 38/56 WTSD/W$SD </font>

<u>Button on the other hand</u> has no notes and is 34/9/.74 over 290 with WTSD and W$SD of: 47/37

-------------------------------------

$1/2 5Handed 6max Game

Preflop:(5handed) Hero(CO) in CO with: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">MP Raises</font> , <font color="red">Hero 3Bets</font>, Button Calls, SB Calls, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop:(13 SB) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB Checks, <font color="red">MP bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero Raises</font>, Button Calls, SB Calls,<font color="red"> MP ReRaise(3bet)</font>, Hero Calls, Button Calls, SB Folds

Turn: (12 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">MP Bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero Raises</font>, Button Calls, <font color="red">MP 3bets.</font>, Hero Calls, Button Calls.

River:(21BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
MP Checks, Hero Checks, Button Checks.

Reasons for my play to come later, Critque all streets [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: AK vs extremely Aggresive tag(says PT)

I play it the same.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:37 PM

dude, I like everything about this.

waiting for the turn to pop it again in this huge pot is superb.

you can't bet the river I agree, I really doubt you're ahead of MP in the first place and button has been playing like he has a flush.

vnh
Old 12-13-2005, 06:38 PM

I would have capped the flop here... if a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes on the turn it could limit your action so i would prefer to get the money in now when your most likely ahead.

I dont mind the rest of the hand tbh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Bah..im wrong. The only way to protect your hand here is to call the flop 3-bet and hope the MP player bets into you on the turn so you can raise and face the button with 2 bets. nh
Old 12-13-2005, 06:44 PM

I play it the same, then spend the next 20 minutes being distracted while I try to decide if capping the flop would have been better.

Given the flop, I don't see any other way to play turn or river.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:51 PM

Awesome reads. It's so nice to have something besides stats to go on in these posts. (You might want to consider using shorthand to keep your notes fit on the screen. Eg, the first note becomes: sc F w/ set; second: pfr 2limp OTB A5s; etc.)

Back to the hand at, err, hand.

Cap that flop! You're almost certainly way ahead here barring an unlikely 77/66 from MP. Button isn't aggressive to let you know what he has either way and he loves to get to showdown, so ignore the monsters and keep betting.

The hand may or may not play differently if you cap the flop. The way you played it, the raise/call is good. Be afraid of that turn 3-bet though. He knows you have an A after your preflop and flop action. His 3-bet here says he can beat it - probably with AQ/A7/A6.

River check though is good. I'd be more concerned about MP's likely 2-pair than about button catching his draw.
Old 12-13-2005, 06:52 PM

If he bets the river, do you want to call or fold?

I feel i can't comment as i'm biased to the results. Ill post their hands shortly.

i was suprised at the TAGS AF, i thought it was a dodgey sample size or something lol.

Pistol: About the notes, they are shorthanded converted to long hand so no one got confused with my crazy abbreviations LOL.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cap that flop! You're almost certainly way ahead here barring an unlikely 77/66 from MP. Button isn't aggressive to let you know what he has either way and he loves to get to showdown, so ignore the monsters and keep betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct me if I'm wrong pokher, but the reasoning behind waiting until the turn to raise again after MP's 3bet isn't because we are seeing monsters but because we want to protect our hand. if button has some 7x/6x/gutshot hand we can force him to make mistakes on the turn much easier if we let MP bet into us again.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:02 PM

Okay. I say go ahead and cap this flop. You won't drive the LP-P button out after they've called 2.

If you're not capping this flop for fear of MP not leading the turn, why aren't you capping the turn?

I also bet the river, figuring to be ahead of a fair range, only losing to AQ, AJ. I don't think the heart draw has come in, but i can see why fear of an MP c/r flush is creeping in on the river. I'd bet-call with it that big.

So i cap the flop and bet/raise the turn OR call the 3bet and cap the turn. I bet-call the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:03 PM

IMO that turn 3bet means we are beat a LOT of the time