Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-07-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Ace when you have major KICKER issues

[ QUOTE ]
...you're protected from better aces (or worse hands) raising even more often than usual by the BD flush hitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no backdoor flush.

I still think b/f is probably better than c/c. The third player serves some of the protection purpose as a flush would have.

/mc
Old 12-07-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop:8SB 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4players)
Sb Checks, <font color="red">Hero bets to test the water</font>, UTG folds, MP Raises, SB Calls, hero calls.

<font color="blue">Well alot of you would raise the flop with pair of queens, Also obviously strong aces(AK/AQ/AJ/AT) so i think im either miles ahead(KK/JJ/TT/99) slight ahead of say KQ/QJ/QT and behidn AK/AQ/AJ/AT - See what he does on the turn. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This illustrates one of the problems with "betting out to test the waters" (aka the info-donk). You really didn't get much useful information here. Now you figure that he's got a big A, a pair, or a couple of broadway cards - that's probably what you already had him on.

This whole hand is a nice advertisement for folding pre-flop. I just hate being in a position of either paying off a better ace or playing boss pair meekly.

/mc
Old 12-07-2005, 11:55 AM

Yeah monty - I need to change this plan lol, Much harder to see logic mid hand than when your analysing it.

i guess experience(More than i have) will speed up this and reading books will bring in the newer concepts.