Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Session review

you should have picked up on balsen early in this game. He's a LAG big time. game 600300906, you have ATs and the flop has 2 Kings and a 3. You're on the button against 3 other players and it's checked to you. You probably have the best hand. Bet fold unless the raiser is balsen.

btw...playing on and off pro for the last 2 years at different levels..right now 3/6
Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM

I don't have much 6-max experience just a lil at .5/1 but I thought I'd have a look anyways. Just started looking through the hands you lost on so far. Sorry for the ugly post, didn't see a converter for prima.

hand 600282597
you have K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] UTG, you raise 4 stay.

6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop (9sb)
checked around, button bets, sb raises, so its 12sb to you.

With a paired board, Loose opponents, an only K high is this the correct call?

hand 600244454
you have J 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in sb, button raise, 3 to flop

2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] flop(7sb)
you bet, CO calls, button raises, you call, CO calls

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] turn(6.5bb)
you check, CO bets, button raises and you're forced out.

with the LAG button and top pair would a flop 3-bet not be in order and lead out turn if flop isn't capped? Like I said, I'm new to 6-max but I don't like folding TP this easily.

I'll look at the rest later and post if I see much else.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 PM

pair of queens with an ace on the turn, possible straight, possible flush and you folded the river to one bet....i'd check his aggression level...it's not a terrible fold, but i'm looking for an excuse to call - pot was big
Old 12-04-2005, 02:41 PM

T2s in sb, you flop tp. good cr...lead the turn
Old 12-04-2005, 02:43 PM

very next hand: AJo in bb, one pfr folded to you - you call and flop a gutshot. check his numbers and consider check raising and leading turn. your play may have been correct for the situation but my line is also sometimes correct
Old 12-04-2005, 02:45 PM

terrible flop call
Old 12-04-2005, 02:46 PM

okay, i'm done...

first time i reviewed a session like that. it was fun even though my MTV generation attention span won't let me do the whole thing...feel free to PM me with other sessions or comments on this one
Old 12-04-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 600315376: I don't mind just calling here, though, I'd strongly consider raising. It depends on the aggro factor of my opponent. If the board didn't need a TJ to complete a straight then I'd raise almost all the time. People love to play TJ

(KQs on the button)

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed
I considered a raise, but this guy was fairly passive early on in these hands(His AF increased graduall through the session).

A raise was a serious consideration though.

[ QUOTE ]

board is paired and you have the other card. Bet it! You probably have the best hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree
its 2KK flop, i hold T2, I may not even have the best two(Minor worry).

HOWEVER, These guys WILL NOT FOLD and every card in the pack bar 2 twos(Unless someone has a KING) can ruin my hand.

[ QUOTE ]
you should have picked up on balsen early in this game. He's a LAG big time. game 600300906, you have ATs and the flop has 2 Kings and a 3. You're on the button against 3 other players and it's checked to you. You probably have the best hand. Bet fold unless the raiser is balsen.

btw...playing on and off pro for the last 2 years at different levels..right now 3/6

[/ QUOTE ]
Dis/Agree

Torn on this one, I feel two of my opponents wouldnt fold(The two MAJOR LAGS/LPPs). Also others liked to slow play with these guys around the table so i felt a bet would be spewing with very little fold equity.

[ QUOTE ]

T2s in sb, you flop tp. good cr...lead the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree
My thinking was, he loves to bet when checked to and he likes to bluff. If i bet he may respect it and fold, Checking i thought would induce a bet from him on the turn(After he passes the turn, he seems to go to showdown with anything). Also as i 2paired up river bet was obvious(Tempting C/r though).

[ QUOTE ]
very next hand: AJo in bb, one pfr folded to you - you call and flop a gutshot. check his numbers and consider check raising and leading turn. your play may have been correct for the situation but my line is also sometimes correct

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm
I don't like it because i dont see him folding, Although yeah i guess C/r and bet turn has more chance of a fold.

[ QUOTE ]

terrible flop call

[/ QUOTE ]
What, you mean raise right? 12:1
Old 12-04-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disagree
its 2KK flop, i hold T2, I may not even have the best two(Minor worry).

HOWEVER, These guys WILL NOT FOLD and every card in the pack bar 2 twos(Unless someone has a KING) can ruin my hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 3 way and you have top two. Going for a cr is good poker but check folding the very probable best hand because 1)they could catch you on the turn or 2) there hiding a better hand is playing scared.

[ QUOTE ]

terrible flop call

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What, you mean raise right? 12:1

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting 12:1 to make 2nd best hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dis/Agree

Torn on this one, I feel two of my opponents wouldnt fold(The two MAJOR LAGS/LPPs). Also others liked to slow play with these guys around the table so i felt a bet would be spewing with very little fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the board is paired, there is only a small chance that someone hit. Anyone except Balsen who did not hit on this flop will fold. Thus, you can safely check through the turn and fold the river UI against everyone but Balsen. But in essence, it's a value bet. You'd prefer it if Balsen folded but you rather him call with air then give him a free card. Besides, you have plenty of outs to improve against a pp or a 5's and a bet should give you a free card if one of the other players called along with Balsen.