Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: $55: Just curious what you guys do with AK

i would fold here with no read. i think alot of players go crazy with their AK, AQ holdings.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the very easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

As your post count rises, I fear that unsuspecting and newer players might listen to you. Nahhh...

To the OP, I usually fold without a read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does people always says fold here but in the real game when they play they always do the call? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is a good point.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:18 PM

DjR's overbet indicates small pp to me; question is: "Do you want to call all your chips to race him?...Could be really good news if he has A-Q or A-J....No way he has AA or KK
Old 11-12-2005, 11:21 PM

This is the very easy fold.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DjR's overbet indicates small pp to me; question is: "Do you want to call all your chips to race him?...Could be really good news if he has A-Q or A-J....No way he has AA or KK

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, poker content?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is the very easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

As your post count rises, I fear that unsuspecting and newer players might listen to you. Nahhh...

To the OP, I usually fold without a read here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does people always says fold here but in the real game when they play they always do the call? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this is a good point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks you. I see many people write "I am g00t enough to lay this down" when you know for sure when they play at the table no one ever lay down the AK.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just saying I put most normal 55's players on QQ+ (maybe JJ also) when they make this move, but there are times when I'll read them as having less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call this most of the time, and in my experience this is not true for the average 55 player.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:17 AM

Call. 845 chips to win about 1250 (if the first raiser folds). I don't know if you are a favourite but you are hardly an 8 to 12 dog to his range.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. 845 chips to win about 1250 (if the first raiser folds). I don't know if you are a favourite but you are hardly an 8 to 12 dog to his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite surprised at you bennies. To call this his range has to be greater than TT+. I don't know of many $55ers who push 99 here. Those who do would also push AQ here which is why it's call, but this 8 to 12 business is not really the factor here.. at least not by ICM. Just because SNGPT can't work this out, doesn't mean it can't be calculated..

You actually need to be a 46.5% favourite here, assuming you want any kind of edge at all (I went for 0.4%). So even if he flips over 22, you should actually fold..

Call/win 0.200780
Call/lose 0
Fold 0.089793
Old 11-13-2005, 08:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quite surprised at you bennies. To call this his range has to be greater than TT+. I don't know of many $55ers who push 99 here. Those who do would also push AQ here which is why it's call, but this 8 to 12 business is not really the factor here.. at least not by ICM. Just because SNGPT can't work this out, doesn't mean it can't be calculated..

You actually need to be a 46.5% favourite here, assuming you want any kind of edge at all (I went for 0.4%). So even if he flips over 22, you should actually fold..

Call/win 0.200780
Call/lose 0
Fold 0.089793

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for doing the math. I admit that out of lazyness I've gotten used to think of AK vs underpairs as coin flips - when it is not so. There are nuances to consider. For a random example, while AKo is only 43% against QQ, AKs is 48% against 55.

I also admit that this hand is closer than I first thought it was. Folding looks alright. Basically it all comes down to if we include AQo in villains range. If we do, I think a call is good.

I think I do. (But then again I am a master of table selection [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])