Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-13-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: The Exciting Season Finale (results)

I don't understand not raising the flop.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Erased due to my better judgement and resolution to not be an ass to people.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL
Old 11-13-2005, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Erased due to my better judgement and resolution to not be an ass to people.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I amuse you.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG called my river bet and mucked. This site does not disclose unshown hands.

SB showed Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you must have been psychic playing this hand. I think the river is the pretty interesting considering the pot is the size that it is. Did you expect to be ahead of SB a small percentage of the time because he was all in, and people go nuts sometimes when all in? Do you honestly think you have UTG beat more than 50% of the time when he calls your river bet? AA and KK just seem so much more likely then what I guess ended up being A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 11-13-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: Totally out of control - QQ

I'd have raised the flop. Had I played the flop like you, seems like the turn would be an excellent spot to raise UTG's lead. I think you are still in good shape and its time to give the other players the opportunity to make mistakes when facing 2 on the turn. Pots large now and this is your best spot to thin the crowd if possible/ face others with the opportunity to make the wrong decision. In the evenet you are behind it is an easy call of the 3...or 4 bet on the turn. Your hand has several potential outs if behind, which is not all that clear as your bets may actually go in as the best hand, and you have a player near all-in and with a higher than norm probability of not playing properly and another guy who has a history of trying to muscle you... the most you have to put in on the river is A BB for showdown.

I think you should have flexed your guns a little more here.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think you have UTG beat more than 50% of the time when he calls your river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course not, but that's not the proper question.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think you have UTG beat more than 50% of the time when he calls your river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course not, but that's not the proper question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you are right.

Do you honestly think that the times that he calls has a worse hand and calls you with this worse hand outweighs the times he checks behind his AA or KK (fearing the T).
Old 11-13-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This site does not disclose unshown hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you playing there?
Old 11-13-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you honestly think that the times that he calls has a worse hand and calls you with this worse hand outweighs the times he checks behind his AA or KK (fearing the T).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a better hand checks behind never.

Stop looking at my cards and start looking at my play. Give me one reason why he shouldn't put me on AK/AQ (probably clubs or diamonds) after I check the river.

The real question about the river is whether there is any hand he will check. It is possible that he will bet any pair for value and any two high cards as a bluff.

That's the real reason why my bet might not be correct.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a better hand checks behind never.

Stop looking at my cards and start looking at my play. Give me one reason why he shouldn't put me on AK/AQ (probably clubs or diamonds) after I check the river.

The real question about the river is whether there is any hand he will check. It is possible that he will bet any pair for value and any two high cards as a bluff.

That's the real reason why my bet might not be correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for opening my eyes. I wasn't really thinking about what he might put you on. I am trying to use more levels of thought when analyzing plays, but still havn't made it there. I will try to think more about what they they I have.

I guess normally the plays you make express your strength to your opponent, so this level of thinking isn't as important. But since your play here is very deceptive, your actual range, and the range he thinks you have differ a lot more than usual, which means you really have to be thinking about it.

Thanks as always.