Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-30-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Another KK - is it good?

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, I would say AQ is definitely in his range of holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]/

I don't know many players who 3bet AQ preflop from the big blind :/

The majority of the time I think you're beat here...lay it down
Old 10-30-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WIth his call of your preflop and his big lead post flop, I tend to think he either has AA or QQ. Either way you are in trouble. I lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big lead postflop? Villain bet $22 into a pot of $46. There are reasons to lay this down on the turn, but Villain's "big" flop bet isn't one of them.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:39 PM

im thinking he is defending his BB, so you dont need to give him credit for having AA or QQ because a lot of players will flat call with a hand like this in the blind in order to try and get more out of you. hes raising up to 4 times your initial raise, so im thinking if his hand is THAT strong.. aka AA or QQ as stated before that hes going to try and get you to not be scared away. Something like AQ is something he might try and push you out of the hand with.. and seeing you call his bets and not really show any aggression gives him more and more reason to push you around.

personally, after his $20 re-raise im pushing all-in preflop.. you probably have him here and if he wants to call you with something like A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K, A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q, QQ then thats fine because you made the right decision and got your money in when you were the favorite. If he has AA, then you are in trouble. But, at lower limits like these, you need to take advantage of your big hands.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WIth his call of your preflop and his big lead post flop, I tend to think he either has AA or QQ. Either way you are in trouble. I lay it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fair to note that opponents don't always play so solidly, or only aggressively with truly big hands. I've watched a number of opponents play this exact way with TPGK/TPTK Just a draw, or even second pair.

It very muchly depends on the current state of the game and what has happened in the last few hands
Old 10-30-2005, 07:34 PM

Yeah - I didnt really notice the total size of the pot. 1/2 pot isnt really "big" huh?
Old 10-30-2005, 08:37 PM

I think it's a call. Villain has AK, AQ, or JJ way more than 28% of the time.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:18 PM

Don't discount the possibility he is on AQ - re-raise PF to protect his Blind with a good hand... then the 1/2 pot bet to 'see' where he was. Your call rather than a re-raise could give him the information that you have like KQ or similar - probably suited - hence he feels he is in front and want s to drive you out before the river - and is not giving you draw odds...
Just a thought...
Could just as easily have AA or QQ - but that 1/2 pot bet mitigates against either .. especiallly QQ
Old 10-30-2005, 11:42 PM

I'm never folding to this flop bet. If you are the reraiser preflop you are pretty much making a continuation bet 90% of the time. I have a tough time calling this turn push though. You're probably looking at AA or QQ most of the time here. Not saying I would fold, but I would feel sick about calling.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:08 AM

I can see that since I didn't re-raise pf, that he would strongly suspect that I don't have AA or KK, but since I called his re-raise he would probably know that I wasn't just on a steal. I didn't re-raise pf because I wanted to see that an A didn't flop. I really thought that he was raising pf w/big pair or AK, much more so than AQ.

If I don't re-raise pf, then maybe I should have raised him on the flop when an A didn't come.