Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-30-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Another KK - is it good?

Villian same as my other KK post 21/7/5 for a 100 hands. Just call the re-raise pf , want to see flop with no A on it. On turn the way the hand is played it looks like I am up against AA, QQ, KK , JJ , but I have played passively, so maybe other hands are possible. Should I have raised on the flop?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

SB ($68.24)
BB ($100)
UTG ($85.82)
MP1 ($237.47)
MP2 ($98)
CO ($100)
Hero ($99.45)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50. CO posts a blind of $1.
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $5</font>, SB (poster) calls $4.50, [color=#CC3333]BB raises to $19</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $15, SB folds.

Flop: ($46) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]BB bets $22</font>, Hero calls $22.

Turn: ($90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
BB calls $58 (All-In), Hero calls ???
Old 10-30-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Another KK - is it good?

I think your beat by QQ or AA here. I don't see a lot of re raises with AA anymore, especially when there is only one person in the pot. So my revision is, I think the only thing beating you here is QQ, but there is a good shot he has it. If you can take him off AA, your beating 2 hands (10 10, JJ) and losing to one (KK).
Old 10-30-2005, 12:41 PM

WIth his call of your preflop and his big lead post flop, I tend to think he either has AA or QQ. Either way you are in trouble. I lay it down.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:42 PM

If your kings where good preflop they aren't any longer due to the Q hitting the flop.
You are lucky if he has something like AK of spades or the last two Kings, I think you are beat here 90% of the time against a 21/7/5 player.

I think you should fold on the flop, don't think a raise will accomplish much in this situation. Can you really fold if he 3 bets the flop with those stacks?
Old 10-30-2005, 12:54 PM

He reraised me pf. On the flop I thought I might still be good. On the turn I felt I was up against AA or QQ when he went all in , at best I could hope for KK. I don't see him going all in on the turn with a hand I can beat.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:57 PM

Pre flop and on the flop I gave villian a wider range of hands , as he could have seen my pre-flop raise as a blind steal attempt, especially since I didn't reraise pre flop.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:23 PM

Yup, I would say AQ is definitely in his range of holdings.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:38 PM

Is there anything wrong with a push PF?
Old 10-30-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He reraised me pf. On the flop I thought I might still be good. On the turn I felt I was up against AA or QQ when he went all in , at best I could hope for KK. I don't see him going all in on the turn with a hand I can beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont either. He's betting a big stack and you only have a pair of kings. I hate dumping over pairs... but sometimes you can tell you are beat.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:11 PM

easy call. reraise preflop.