Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 02:19 PM

Default Has anyone gotten refunds for PP\'s connection failure last night?

The connection outage at 2 AM. I emailed Party last night immediately, and they said it takes 12 hours to process these refunds. Empire Poker used to do it pretty quickly, but this is my first time at Party Poker, and I still haven't heard back from them.

Has anyone gotten a refund yet?

Thanks,

Hornacek.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Has anyone gotten refunds for PP\'s connection failure last night?

Not sure if they are refunding or not.

The outage was NOT at party specifically.

As we discussed here in the forums...there were SEVERAL players who were able to stay logged-on and kept playing (including me).

It was some sort of weird internet thing that wasn't party's fault.

I think they should provide refunds anyway....but because it wasn't everyone it might take a longer time to sort out who was in and who was out.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:51 PM

The thing was... I tried logging onto Empire, Euro, Stars, and couldn't at all.

However, I could go to any other site just fine, and when you click on the Network Connection tab (when logging onto Party), I saw a 0% connectivity to PP, while it had a 100% connectivity to www.yahoo.com (I'm assuming they're using that as a benchmark), so it wasn't my problem at all.

I can understand why Dikship wouldn't want to refund my money, but ethically, he should, since there was nothing I could have done at that moment to play.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:03 PM

Yes....many players experienced outages at ALL major sites including Party, empire, UB, full-tilt, stars, etc.

I never got knocked off of any of them.

It was a geographic problem evidently.

I was on Party after all the 2+2'ers were complaining about getting knocked off. It still had 32k players logged-on....a few minutes before the outage it was at 40k players.

I checked out the Stars $11-rebuy tourney and it was continuing like normal even though there were 3 or 4 players sitting-out at most tables who had gotten disconnected.

Google was down also...and I think yahoo might have been as well.

It was some major too-doo between a couple of the big server companies or something.

So....I'm not arguing that they shouldn't give you refunds.
but it wasn't specifically a 'Party' outage.
It was a 'general' outage of some sites in some areas.
There were MANY players who never lost conenction with Party or Stars or anywhere else...while other players couldn' log-on to a single-site (but still had internet access and were posting about their outage probs right here at 2+2).
Old 10-21-2005, 03:08 PM

After a couple of emails they're still insisting I wasn't even disconnected.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:20 PM

Party poker and the other sites didn't have connection issues, the frigging internet had connections issues in major geographic areas (but not everywhere).

You can't blame Party for a disconnect on the lines. If 5 out of 10 people lost connection to the game, the other 5 did not, and it was not Party that threw the 5 people off on their end.

I think you are SOL.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:13 PM

Not so fast! After 3 emails back and forth Party still said I wasn't disconnected - but they could see from the HHs that I wasn't able to play. So as a 'show of good faith' they put 20 into my account. It doesn't really make up for the other two $20 SNGS I was in, but it's more than the nothing I was expecting.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:03 PM

I was on three $50+$5 when this happened. I also emailed PP immediately and today they replied saying from their perspective, I was not disconnected but as a show of good faith they will refund me for one. I emailed back with the HHs on my hard drive that say that I was disconected, but I doubt much will happen since they will argue that the disconnect didnt happen due to their fault, but it was the internet that caused the problem.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was on three $50+$5 when this happened. I also emailed PP immediately and today they replied saying from their perspective, I was not disconnected but as a show of good faith they will refund me for one. I emailed back with the HHs on my hard drive that say that I was disconected, but I doubt much will happen since they will argue that the disconnect didnt happen due to their fault, but it was the internet that caused the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can understand their position. If they were to be financially responsible for peoples disconnections you would see people pulling the network cable after a poor start of a SnG.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:11 PM

it had nothing to do with the poker sites...

rj