Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 05-21-2003, 12:09 AM

Default Tonight\'s \"Lucky\" episode- beginning of the end?

VERY weak. I spent the first 10 minutes going "What the heck was THAT?".... and the previews for next week look bad also.

Maybe this show doesn' t have a future after all?

1) Autism Boy? Give me a break. I'm getting tired of convoluted scams that Lucky is smart enough to get back on, but stupid enough to fall for in the first place.

2) Why are his pals suddenly petty thieves?

3) The big-screen TV scene would have been a lot funnier if they hadn't given it away in promos.

Suddenly I'm not looking forward to next week's episode
Old 05-21-2003, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Tonight\'s \"Lucky\" episode- beginning of the end?

Agreed, not one of the better episodes, and next week looks a little bizarre. However, I'm not going to write off the series yet, it's hard to make every episode a gem when you're doing a weekly series. And there have been several gems so far.
Old 05-21-2003, 01:50 PM

agreed on the scams. agreed on the tv sight gag being blown in the promos.

one thing is that they are still trying to figure out what exactly the show is going to be. mutha and vinny to this point were scammers but like you, i felt the thievery just wasn't in their characters. they should retrace their steps on that decision.

the story lines to this point have been pretty scam-heavy. if that is the feeling that the producers want -- a kind of fantasy world where anything and everything might (or might not) be as it seems, then the scams will be the "hallmark" of the show. i think the show could be strong enough not to be so scam-reliant, though. and i think a less scam-reliant show would in the end be a better show.

anyway, drop the thievery, have some story-line situations not reliant on scams, and see how it goes. finding the "flow" of the show is what the first season is all about, but i agree that this last episode was a step in the wrong direction.
Old 05-21-2003, 02:16 PM

Agreed on all counts. But then again, I watched the re-run of last week, and it reaffirmed my faith in the show.

I've decided to treat this first season like one big pilot. I assume the producers are testing a bunch of ideas and hope they'll come out focusing on the ideas that worked.