Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-03-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Knicks get Eddy Curry

No report on the players involved. Most likely IMO, Sweets, Tim Thomas, picks, maybe David Lee, perhaps Bill Bradleys Jersey and the rights to the soul of Alan Houston.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Knicks get Eddy Curry

[ QUOTE ]
No report on the players involved. Most likely IMO, Sweets, Tim Thomas, picks, maybe David Lee, perhaps Bill Bradleys Jersey and the rights to the soul of Alan Houston.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Paxon made the right decision. This is a huge gamble for the Knicks. If he turns out to have a bum ticker, we basically got screwed out whatever we gave up for him. The Bulls practiced patience and the Knicks blindly charged ahead. Typical Isiah. Anyway, it looks like my Knicks/Bulls regular season record bet just got a lot better for me.

It also says that the Bulls offered Curry $400,000 a year for 50 years if he failed the DNA test. He turns down 20 mil guaranteed?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not Sweets that would suck
Old 10-03-2005, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope not Sweets that would suck

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweetney is my favorite player. But he's def gone. Looks like TT, Sweets, Jermaine Jackson (for sal cap reasons), and the Spurs 1st for Curry and Antonio Davis.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:45 PM

As a Bulls fan who dosen't really follow the rest of the league, what can I expect from Thomas and Sweetney? I remember both players from college but haven't paid attention to them since.

In Eddy Curry, you Knicks fans can expect an over-rated one-dimensional scorer. His defense is very poor, he never boxes out, and rarely puts forth much effort. He can score in bunches when he feels like it. Basically has 1 move inside, but his first step is so quick that it's effective. Heart problems or not, I'm glad to see him move on.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:56 PM

i didnt read the other thread where the bulls offered a DNA test or something. but why would curry refuse a test when they will give him so much money. was there some sort of twist?

god i hate isiah thomas. he sucks
Old 10-03-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a Bulls fan who dosen't really follow the rest of the league, what can I expect from Thomas and Sweetney? I remember both players from college but haven't paid attention to them since.

In Eddy Curry, you Knicks fans can expect an over-rated one-dimensional scorer. His defense is very poor, he never boxes out, and rarely puts forth much effort. He can score in bunches when he feels like it. Basically has 1 move inside, but his first step is so quick that it's effective. Heart problems or not, I'm glad to see him move on.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he was healthy, they should have kept him. But there was no doubt they needed to move him. He really seemed to come into his own last year.

I just hope everybody is considering the questions about this kid's health. There are still a lot of questions.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt read the other thread where the bulls offered a DNA test or something. but why would curry refuse a test when they will give him so much money. was there some sort of twist?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was either a civil rights stand, or he was afraid of the results. Your guess is as good as mine. He stands to make much more than $20 million though over the life of an NBA deal.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
god i hate isiah thomas.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sources say the Bulls will get Michael Sweetney, Tim Thomas and Jermaine Jackson, whom the Knicks re-signed Monday. Curry could make up to $10 million in his first year—nearly double the amount of the Bulls' qualifying offer.

New York also will include a first-round draft pick and two second round picks as well. The deal still was being finalized late Monday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the Chicago Tribune website.

Most importantly, this allows me to slide Chandler over to center in my fantasy basketball league.