Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-03-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Why all the secrecy here?

Basically all affiliates are making more than they deserve. Eventually more information will be known, but until then all of the affiliates will work hard to keep the secrets to themselves and attempt to make the most money that they can. I have a feeling there will be some drastic changes in how rakeback is handled in the future. There's too much money being made too easily with too many secrets.

There really are no secrets. You could find out all there is to know in a few hours if you were ambitious enough.

Here is the problem with discussing rakeback %'s in laymen's terms (hopefully).

Joe asks about various rakeback %'s that are given.

Tim responds that he gets X%, which happens to be more than Joe has been offered by the affiliates he has contacted. Joe then demands he gets AT LEAST that %. Of course he WILL get it from some affiliate. The problem with this is Tim doesn't tell Joe, that:

He is a pro who plays 30k hands a month and has either been with this affiliate for a long period of time OR was referred by another player to the affiliate under the assumption that he would get this %.

Even if Tim did tell Joe this info, Joe wouldn't care. He now has someone saying he gets a certain % on a massive internet forum and he will use that % as his bargaining chip, despite the fact that he plays 1/2 and generates a very small % of revenue.

Joe gets the deal he wants. Posts about it here and the affiliate he got it from, and BAM. A new market price is set, that really cant be met by the affiliates without slashing thier profit margin to a point where its not even feasible to operate. The affiliate then has to ask for more money, to whiche the poker room has to say FU. End of rakeback.

The above may seem far fetched to many, but its really not. I get requests from players that make no sense, INCLUDING asking for %'s that the affiliates dont even get themselves.

Now, you can argue about what the point of this forum is all you want and whether it serves a purpose etc. But complaining about %'s being discussed is futile, as it REALLY is in the players interest that it remain a private matter.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look man. Weather Lorinda likes it or not we both (along with alot of other affiliates) know it happening with the sites consent. Either way, let's talk about it in an open fourm.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought i did. To which she wrote the company an email, which their CS gave the standard no brain answer to. They allow it, end of story.

[ QUOTE ]
No. All i'm saying is lets talk about these issues. I have yet to have anyone moved back that signed up through me and i suspect that it doesnt happen for you much either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it has happened to me at both those sites several times. I dont par take in that activity, that is how we run our business. To much headache for us to do it. I replied in another thread how it can be accomplished. I encourage any other affiliates to impart their wisdom on this topic in here. Spam and affilaite links are however not allowed.

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't you being honest with the readers here by talking about all the issues. Also, why start an open fourm and restrict what we can talk about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am being honest, and i am talking about more than i already should. Some of the sites are already on my azz for some of the things i am saying in here. What are all the issues. And how can i comment on all of them, it has taken me years to understand the issues, and would take much time to explain all of it here. I am providing this forum, i am not the sole disseminator of information. There are other very knowledgable people on these topics.

[ QUOTE ]
Slow down with the personal insults. All I said was I hoped that the thread didnt get deleted so we can have debate. It looks like your not capable of this without throwing a hissy fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, i get carried away and frustrated. I want to fully answer questions, when i do, i get a)called a liar b) accused of running business(well i am....so??) and the finger pointers have agendas, or if not may not have the needed perspectives to discuss the topics. i need to keep my cool, i apologize.

[ QUOTE ]
My agenda you keep referring to is to have an open discussion and debate of whats really go on in the rakeback/affiliate world.

[/ QUOTE ]

So start doing so. If have information on the topics in this forum, why arent you talking about the rakeback/affilaite world, seems all the energies have been concentrated on how AEV and raketracker run their business and its effect on this forum. Please bring up some topics and impart your knowledge on them. THats what i bought this forum for. I am not responsible to stimulate discussion or answer questions. Please, we need some presence here, instead on the finger pointing.

[ QUOTE ]
Lol. Very subtle. You could have just said "not with our rakeback site" What is your agenda?

[/ QUOTE ]

In sincere honesty, i put my sites name not knowing who our readers are, my site has its own public face and i dont need to spam them in a forum that i own.

My agenda is to get rakeback for players, provide potential affiliates the access to provide it for them, and to disseminate information on a topic that has been banned on twoplustwo since just after i got here a couple years ago.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Obviously affiliateEV is making way more cash than they deserve. Basically all affiliates are making more than they deserve. Eventually more information will be known, but until then all of the affiliates will work hard to keep the secrets to themselves and attempt to make the most money that they can. I have a feeling there will be some drastic changes in how rakeback is handled in the future. There's too much money being made too easily with too many secrets.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] - he knows too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

come on dude, we setup this forum to help 2+2ers with affiliate / rakeback related questions. Just because we arent saying how much % we get and all that doesnt mean we are a secret organization. although, i did hear inthacup has ties to the illuminati.

go into best buy and ask an employee how much he makes, ask how much he is going to get off commission, then ask a manger how much the store makes. after that, call sony and ask how much they make. keep going, dont stop until you know what everyones paycheck is... after all it is your right to know... isnt it?
Old 10-03-2005, 11:37 PM

The only real secret is the highest percentage that is possible. The reason it's a secret is probably because it is continuously changing and will continue to change. My problem with how rakeback is currently done is that it forces you to go through large affiliate to get the best deal. There's no reason that a high volume player shouldn't be able to deal directly with a site to get the same deal as large affiliates. For players like this the affiliates are not doing any service to the site, because they will be playing at that site regardless.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:40 PM

Yes there is...it takes time and administrative costs to compute the rakeback. The sites don't want to negotiate with thousands of separate players to decide the proper rakeback. Affiliates cover this by making hundreds of players act as one really big one. They do the negotiating for you and don't take up valuable site personnel time doing it.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously affiliateEV is making way more cash than they deserve. Basically all affiliates are making more than they deserve. Eventually more information will be known, but until then all of the affiliates will work hard to keep the secrets to themselves and attempt to make the most money that they can. I have a feeling there will be some drastic changes in how rakeback is handled in the future. There's too much money being made too easily with too many secrets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't affiliates deserve what they make? If it is so easy everyone would be doing it. They put in the time. Reinvest profits on advertising, staff, websites, and many other expenses.

Because a few were motivated and innovative in acquiring players, they get to reap the benefits of thier efforts. But so do we. Without them, most of us wouldn't make as much as we do.

Just because we all wish that we'd have done it too, doesn't mean they don't deserve the rewards.

WarBus
Old 10-03-2005, 11:58 PM

Old 10-04-2005, 12:09 AM

The only real secret is the highest percentage that is possible

Its not a secret, its just different in EVERY single case. Who the player is (as in how much revenue he generates), how he was signed up, his personal relationship with the affiliate, WHO the affiliate is (some offer higher %'s, but shitty service and vice versa)

There's no reason that a high volume player shouldn't be able to deal directly with a site to get the same deal as large affiliates.

Its not humanly possible for one person to generate as much revenue as even a small affiliate. And why would an affiliate manager at a poker site want to deal directly with numerous people when he can have a SPOC to do it for him?
Old 10-18-2005, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah so it's ok for you to talk about and mention your site but not for anyone else? Any time you'd like the claim in quotes disproven, you let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Morgan 1-0 Buster

Lori
Old 10-18-2005, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes there is...it takes time and administrative costs to compute the rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
Automating this is ridiculously easy, and requires next to nothing in costs (1 developer's time). The payment system does everything including website reporting; beyond the initial (rather short) development cycle, what time and administrative costs are there? Advertising? Taken care of here... Hosting? Negligible.

Aside from the odd event organized for the players, being an affiliate is pretty much hands- and expense- free.