Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 07-29-2005, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Hmmm Flush Draw hand

[ QUOTE ]
Hero holds A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO.

Six to the flop and 12 SB are in the pot.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check to Hero who bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... drunken flop spewing.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:35 PM

Not really. BD flushdraw, BD straightdraw, if no one has a K - two overcards, and we want to thin the field in this large pot.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:47 PM

If he's serious and aggressive, I would expect he would check-raise you on the turn with a king in his hand, after you 3-bet the flop. He probably has a hard time putting you on a hand if you're drunk and getting drunker; he may just think you're gambooling it up. But if he puts you on anything, he's got to think about you having a king.

I like a semi-bluff raise here. Who knows, he may fold a better hand than yours, like a PP, or even an 8. If he calls your raise, you probably have got yourself a free showdown, if you want it, and if a club hits, your nut flush is well disguised.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:48 PM

You know - I was thinking you guys were HU the whole time, and I completely missed his "protection" C/R on the flop. He's of course not doing that with a set so nevermind.

If he has a middle PP he's in a really shitty spot. From his POV I don't really like check/folding, check/calling, or bet/folding since this kind of Party donkbet when the board pairs frequently gets raised by good players with marginal hands. KQ/KJ is a possible holding, but he might not even like those hands enough to 3-bet so you might very well raise here to knock out something like 99 or 77.

Edit: Granted my post was retarded, but did you really think I wanted you to call the river UI?
Old 07-29-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero holds A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the CO.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Check to Hero who bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against very aggressive opponents who fancy themselves decent handreaders, 3-betting flops like this can actually be ok. I don't do it often but when I do, there's certainly a reason for it.

Rob
Old 07-29-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Check to Hero who bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'll give you that one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

While the initial bet is iffy/bad, the 3-bet is a must IMO against the type of player that we are facing. He isn't going to calldown with something like 55 after I 3-bet the flop and bet the turn (and I can get a free card if I please).

Brad
Old 07-29-2005, 09:18 PM

I think it's pretty close. I think most players would obviously prefer checkraising their king here but for those who are just betting their 2 pair for information, I don't think you have enough fold equity to get them out of the hand. Therefore, I think we might already be way ahead of the kind of players who call here. (others with draws or dry aces) and in position to get 3 bet by those with another king, so I would rather just call here.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:39 PM

This is a pretty interesting hand. I think AA, QQ, JJ, TT, maybe 99 are possible here in addition to the made AK(s), KQs, KJs. Set of 8s or 3s would almost always bet out for value. The high pockets would depend on if he would call preflop in hopes of check raising you on the flop in this big pot. If you think he would re-raise some or all the big pair hands, looks like you are usually beat on the turn and should call for your 8 outs against his trips. Otherwise a semi-bluff raise would be a tempting play that would fold out the pocket pairs frequently enough to show profit.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) There is a 0% chance that I'm calling the river UI. With the amount of strength that I've shown on a drawless flop, he has to have at least a pair here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not drinking enough. Call the turn and raise any river.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly you should cap, hit your flush draw to bust his AK, and say "Just like the internet!"

[/ QUOTE ]

AK would definitely 3-bet with that relative position PF.