Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 05-18-2005, 12:18 AM

Default WSOP raffle update #452 and WSOP Zoo get together...

Raffle: Nothing really has been done as far as I know since David at Truepoker offered their services as host. To be frank, I have been just way too busy. My wife and I had our second baby 5 weeks ago so you can imagine that between that, the new poker radio show and getting my website off the ground, ive been crazy busy. Never mind actually playing poker to pay the mortgage. There are complete areas of my site that still say coming soon. Totally lame.

If someone wants to take the bull by the horns, fly at 'er. Pretty sure Truepoker would still be interested, but you will have to ask him.

The other thing I wanted to say was that we should have a ZOO WSOP get-together. Why don't we say breakfast buffet at the RIO the morning of the first event (June 3) at 10:00am?

We can do our last longers and then roshambo for the bill.

Tuco.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: WSOP raffle update #452 and WSOP Zoo get together...

what are the details of this poker radio show? Hadn't heard about it I don't think.

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are the details of this poker radio show? Hadn't heard about it I don't think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I co-host a poker radio show for two hours every Sunday night on the TEAM sports radio network here in Vancouver. We've had 5 shows now and it seems to be going well. Had some great guests from the poker world and my partner and I are getting into the groove, so to speak.

You can listen live on Sunday nights via streaming audio here. If you miss a show they are all archived at my site. See profile for URL.

For anyone that decides to listen in, please use our toll-free number to call in and contribute. This week we have Lee Jones on to talk about his book. Also, Steve Lipscomb founder of the WPT. Should be interesting.

Tuco.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:09 AM

very interesting.

I was a radio sports-broadcaster for 12 years or so prior to my poker career.
Mostly minor-league baseball, college hockey, women's basketball, etc etc.
Less talk-show stuff but some experience there too (mostly coaches and players with not many phone-calls).

Sounds like a fun gig you got going. Good luck with your show.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:26 AM

Team 1040 used to run permanently whenever i drove anywhere. Now i take the motorbike everywhere so no more team1040. No hockey also sucks big time, but i guess it most likely helped open up a slot for you. What time Sundays? I will try to check it out.

rJ
Old 05-18-2005, 03:51 PM

No hockey certainly helped. My co-host had a hockey talk show that previewed all the saturday games last year on the TEAM and the station had to find him something else to do.

Sundays from 10pm PST till midnight.

Tuco.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:00 PM

I wouldn't mind taking this over and trying to set this up for the zoo, I already have my seat so it would just be out of the kindness of my heart, although I would likely play in the event too, maybe forgoeing my seat to 2nd if I won or something. PM me tuco if you want me to do it, I am home for the summer with nothing else to do but play poker and organize zoo events.
~Justin

Edit: I would also like to think I am a trustworthy person to set this up.
~Justin
Old 05-18-2005, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other thing I wanted to say was that we should have a ZOO WSOP get-together. Why don't we say breakfast buffet at the RIO the morning of the first event (June 3) at 10:00am?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea, but would think that because of satellite wins, most of the Zoo members are only playing the main event and won't be arriving until July 5th or so. Atleast that is the case for me. 'Stosh