Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Very odd J8o hand

I haven't posted a full hand in a while so I thought I might. Plus, I need to give Piece John Nickle a reason to open the wonderful micro forum. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Reads: I have a tight image. I have played less then 10% of the pots, and my only 2 showdowns at this point were with AA and A9o.

MP2 - 60/0 guy. I have seen him bet twice postflop and never raise (60 hands or so). His AF is about .10 and he goes to showdown 50% of the time. Too his credit, a lot of the hands he is showing are halfway decent. Not many T2o and 43s and whatnot.

MP1 - 70/20 after 30 hands. He AF is over one so he is pretty aggressive considering his VPIP. He has had a hard time showing down winners but he will coldcall with K3o and whatnot.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

How did I do?

Always appreciated.

Brad
Old 04-24-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Re: Very odd J8o hand

when i catch top pair out of the big blind with a reasonable hand like this I bet out. Everything else is money. i like the river check raise, a lot.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:30 AM

Yay, checking the river is dope because you know MP1 is going to bet and you can fold if MP2 finds the raise button. If he can't find it, you get to check raise and trap him for another bet.

edit: I got the players mixed up, and I think I'm leaning toward checking the turn.

2nd edit: I had the players right the first time, cnfuzzed confused me.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when i catch top pair out of the big blind with a reasonable hand like this I bet out. Everything else is money. i like the river check raise, a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Betting into 5 is a bad idea on a flop like this, where you could get raised by a virtual orgy of hands that you beat but put you in hard spots out of position on the turn.

The only thing I can see doing differently is checking this turn.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:37 AM

Is there a problem with checking the flop as you did and then deciding whether or not to check raise the better or fold based on the type of player the better is? That is what I would do. I would check/raise am aggressive player's bet and check/fold a passive one's.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:39 AM

just for you shill...

Flop: Looks fine. Some might checkraise or bet outright, but you probably arent banking a ton of the money that goes in the pot right now as your hand isnt tremendous. The one argument i could see for betting outright is if its likely for MP2 to raise on a draw and drive you out of the pot with the best hand.

Turn. Interesting. Do you think this gets checks through with mp2 hanging out back there with all his aggressiveness? If so, the bet is a great idea. I dont like seeing the passive guy raising you, but you had the brilliant plan of rivering him.

River: Perfect.

peace

john nickle
Old 04-24-2005, 02:58 AM

WOw, perfectly played.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:09 AM

Brad, I think you played this to perfection. I would want to go for a checkraise if I could on this flop but villain bet out. Checkraising here would jsut stupidly bloat the pot.

Turn I like the bet since button is still involved in this pot. If it was only MP1 and Mp2 in I would swing a CR.

River goot checkraise.

Edit:Showoff!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:10 AM

wtf is the Frog and Peach Pub?
Old 04-24-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WOw, perfectly played.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys really don't have to patronize me. I mean I check/called, gaybet and check/raised all in the same hand. Something has to be wrong with it...