Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Hmmm QJo hand (Live 3/6)

Played a pretty uneventful live session at Lucky Chances tonight. Tommy Angelo was getting called to a 6/12 game as I was leaving...wish I would have stayed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, the table wasn't great but it worked for me. It was loose/passive with about 40-50% flops seen. This was like my 12th hand at the table, but I saw UTG bet-bet-bet one hand while getting called in 3 spots each time. He mucked his hand before a showdown. Kinda odd that you would bluff into 3 people who you know are going to call...BB seemed pretty passive but no real good read yet.

Lucky Chances 3/6 (9 handed)

Button posts BB ($3) - This is standard for the game. It gets dropped before the cards are delt. The $1 small blind gets dropped as well.

Hero has Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button.

UTG calls, folded to Hero who checks, SB drops and BB checks.

Flop (3 SB): J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB bets, UTG raises and Hero coldcalls. BB calls.

Turn (4.5 BB): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, UTG bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets and UTG mucks. Hero...?

Gameplan? Any comments on the flop play? Meh?

Brad
Old 01-19-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Hmmm QJo hand (Live 3/6)

Live blind on the button? You should really raise this preflop.

Looks like he's got 89 here, but it's probably close between a calldown and a fold. Since he seems pretty passive, I think you can fold to his 3-bet, but you aren't losing a full 2BB by calling down, and if you're planning on playing for a while it might be worth seeing how he plays.

Rob
Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 AM

Flop play was fine. On the turn I would fold to the 3bet. The turn card did not give you any more outs (e.g. an 8, 9, k or ace would have given you a straight draw), and unless utg is a complete maniac (I know you said he bluffed into 3 players but what happens when he gets raised), it seems like youre beaten.

Since this is the first hand youre playing with utg, a call down could be okay, but I would prefer a fold.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:15 AM

89 means you are dead =[ i 3-bet this flop brad. i dont wanna wait until the turn. when i get check raised on the turn i say 'crap' and fold.
Old 01-19-2005, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gameplan? Any comments on the flop play? Meh?

[/ QUOTE ]
I would raise preflop and 3-bet the flop. But I guess you anticipated that BB would check the turn and UTG would bet and if you're sure that's gonna happen your line is better. Your plan was to get it HU with UTG, right?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:15 AM

raise PF.

i'd probably just 3-bet the flop given the PF check. the pot is tiny. a flop 3-bet protects you just fine here. waiting until the turn is fine though.. meh, i probably like it better but don't do it much myself.

turn raise is good. looks like 98 or a slowplayed JT/set when he check-3bets. you should fold if this was your last hand. i'll leave it to you to decide if your image or a read is worth calling down in the early goings of a live session.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw UTG bet-bet-bet one hand while getting called in 3 spots each time. He mucked his hand before a showdown. Kinda odd that you would bluff into 3 people who you know are going to call...

[/ QUOTE ]

what about a plain old bet-fold river with a hand like TPNK?