Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-15-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Custer Hand #3 - folding ATo to SB 6bb push when you have him covered?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 5 - 8 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 1175 Chips
SB: 870 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1125 Chips</font>
UTG: 805 Chips
UTG+1: 1610 Chips
MP1: 1005 Chips
MP2: 895 Chips
CO: 2515 Chips

Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
SB is All-In, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:1020 Chips

This one I really don't understand.. seems like it would be an instacall for me. Villain was almosteven77 who I am very sure is a solid TAG-type 2+2 player. Unless we're going into the realm of he knows I know.. etc.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Custer Hand #3 - folding ATo to SB 6bb push when you have him cove

[ QUOTE ]
PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $200 Buy-in + $15 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 5 - 8 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
Button: 1175 Chips
SB: 870 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1125 Chips</font>
UTG: 805 Chips
UTG+1: 1610 Chips
MP1: 1005 Chips
MP2: 895 Chips
CO: 2515 Chips

Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
SB is All-In, <font color="blue">Hero folds</font>

Final Pot:1020 Chips

This one I really don't understand.. seems like it would be an instacall for me. Villain was almosteven77 who I am very sure is a solid TAG-type 2+2 player. Unless we're going into the realm of he knows I know.. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is either a misclick or I'm about to learn something new. I don't see how the he knows I know could factor in here, wouldn't the SB give up too much trying to adjust for a spite calling BB?
Old 12-16-2005, 12:46 AM

Primetime bump.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:55 AM

You don't have to get into he knows I know. If he's a solid TAG-type 2+2 player there is no way he is tight enough for this to not be a call.

It's almost inconceivable for this not to be a call because in order for SB to be that weak-tight they would likely be allergic to pushing in general and for this to coincidentally occur when folded to him in the SB is a monster under the bed.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is either a misclick or I'm about to learn something new.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes it's just a mistake.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:58 AM

If SB is good, it doesn't matter if he thinks you are calling with any two. He's still pushing a broad enough range for you to call with ATo.
Old 12-16-2005, 06:22 AM

I think this is a lot closer than most of you guys think. Yes, against most players this is most certainly a call. But its close. You lose ALL of your FE if you lose. Against L range, which I think is the majority (most players just don't raise Q2 here), it is +1.2%. So you definitely need to call, but its not a huge mistake if you don't. As for this hand, it is possible that I thought SB's range was tighter than most players. It is also possible that I was in a hurry and made a mistake. I make them all the time. It is not possible that I misclicked. I don't misclick. I time out from time to time, but never misclick. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

moses