Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 05:49 AM

Default AffiliateSaver (Morgant please read)

I'm not exactly sure why AffiliateSaver is still with us. He has a total of six posts all in A/R. Five of them are already deleted and the sixth deserves to go too.

AffiliateSaver is a blatant troll who is deliberately stirring up trouble between Party and its affiliates. In all likelihood he is a nonrakeback affiliate who is sabotaging his competition for financial gain. He is also hurting many regular players--the customers and contributors that make 2+2 possible.

Morgant, it's not my place to ban someone for screwing up your forum. But you are very ethical and I can see where you might feel a conflict on interest here.

Well I'm not an affiliate, I don't take advertising money from affiliates, and so far AS isn't accusing me of everything he can think of. I'm just a poker player who cares about this place and I'm here to say:

It's OK to permanently ban this guy. He's bad for 2+2, he's way over the line, his intentions are terrible, and he contributes nothing of value.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:37 AM

Default Re: AffiliateSaver (Morgant please read)

This is a more general question.

I happened to be reading NVG and saw a guy who was just a blatant troll. I went ahead and banned him and left a note in his comments for Dynasty explaining what I did and saying that I was sorry if I overstepped my bounds.

Is this ok, if somebody's just so clearly ban worthy, do we want to let the idividual forum mods deal with it, or can we just nuke them on spec, just 'cause we happened to be the first one to run into them?
Old 12-09-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: AffiliateSaver (Morgant please read)

I think this is reasonable if you leave a note. However, I think that in this case, should a dispute arise between the mod who did the banning and the mod whose forum it is, we defer to the mod whose forum it is rather than taking the dispute to Mat.