Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-25-2005, 09:31 PM

Default The new forums will shortly appear

When they do, I'll leave the intro posts to the mods of those forums. You may want to agree beforehand what to say. Or maybe we don't need an intro post. Up to you.

To begin, I won't be assigning moderators to the other two new forums.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: The new forums will shortly appear

Awesome!

Here's a writeup in case anyone wants to critique/take from it:

[ QUOTE ]

Hi, and welcome to the Mid-High Heads-Up & Short-Handed forum! (MHUSH for short)

This forum is the result of the existing Heads-Up and Short-Handed(HUSH) forum being split due to high volume. There is a corresponding Small-Stakes Heads-Up and Short-Handed(SSHUSH) forum that has also been created.

MHUSH will mostly cater to two to six player limit hold'em games 10/20 and higher. Stakes smaller than 10/20 are encouraged to be displayed in SSHUSH where they will receive the proper attention from players of similar limits.

NL and SnG/Tournament posts are certainly allowed, but may not receive as much attention because of HUSH's de facto standing as a limit hold'em forum.

Heads-Up posts have historically been scarce in the HUSH forum, because they get lost in the high traffic. MHUSH was also created so that higher-stakes HU and 3handed hold'em could receive the attention it deserves - feel free to post Heads-Up hand histories and strategy questions! It is our hope that MHUSH will be home to high-quality, high-content poker strategy for Heads-Up play and all manner of shorthanded, not just 6max.

A new forum has also been created, called "Beats, Brags, and Variance." This new forum will be home to downswing posts, graph posts, no-content and low-content poker posts of all forms. Posts of this nature in MHUSH will be moved to the new BBV forum to keep MHUSH as high-content as possible.

Welcome to MHUSH! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Us.

-The moderators of MHUSH: Josh., Schneids, and Surfbullet

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-26-2005, 09:32 AM

Two things:

1) I want to make some sort of FAQ post in medium stakes but I can't remember or find exactly what limits we agreed on for that forum. Can someone come up with that? I think it was 10/20-30/60, but I'm not sure.

2) Is there any chance we can change the name to "Mid Stakes"? I think "Medium Stakes" sounds kind of stupid. If no one agrees with this it's obviously not a big deal, just something I was thinking about.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to make some sort of FAQ post in medium stakes but I can't remember or find exactly what limits we agreed on for that forum. Can someone come up with that? I think it was 10/20-30/60, but I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like stickying what limits go where.

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any chance we can change the name to "Mid Stakes"? I think "Medium Stakes" sounds kind of stupid. If no one agrees with this it's obviously not a big deal, just something I was thinking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
We also need to change "High Stakes" to "Higher Stakes" per earlier agreement.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:46 PM

Thanks for getting things up. One bug that was just observed to me is that when viewing either the Affiliate forum or the Bonus forum, the links on the left do not reflect the chages. I presume only these two forums were affected because they're the private ones. Regardless, they should be updated.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:59 PM

Okay, I think we should put some sort of description in the forum though. I feel like a lot of people could be confused about what goes where. What do you think?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:54 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
10/20-30/60

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought it was 8/16 up to 15/30 or maybe 20/40. i definitely don't think it should go up to 30/60, and i also think 'good' 20/40 posts should be welcome in the higher stakes forum (which also got named 'high stakes')
Old 11-27-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10/20-30/60

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought it was 8/16 up to 15/30 or maybe 20/40. i definitely don't think it should go up to 30/60, and i also think 'good' 20/40 posts should be welcome in the higher stakes forum (which also got named 'high stakes')

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:46 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i think 'higher stakes' was a much better name :<
Old 12-07-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2) Is there any chance we can change the name to "Mid Stakes"? I think "Medium Stakes" sounds kind of stupid. If no one agrees with this it's obviously not a big deal, just something I was thinking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can the powers that be do this and make Hige Stakes into Higer Stakes?