Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 11-01-2005, 12:43 AM

Default Comparing win rates: Party vs PR vs ABS vs Prima etc...

This relates primarily to the 2/4 limit.

So far I've only played where I had a bonus to clear, which means that almost all of my play has been non-Party. I am well aware that Party has the loosest games, but playing on the tighter sites should make up for it by doing bonuses.

So far I have been VERY conservative in moving up in limits (20K hands 0.5/1, 50K 1/2, 30K 1/2 6max, 30K 2/4) even though showing more than sufficient win rates at 0.5/1 and 1/2. These limits have mostly been played on Party though.

The thing is, I am showing about 1BB/100 at 2/4 by now, but had a personal goal of 2BB/100 before advancing. But the question is what would my BB/100 be if I had played at Party?

Besides the fact that Party has softer games, there is the difference in rake. As far as I can tell, Prima has the same rake schedule as party. ABS is raking 25c pr $5, so taking rake at $5-$19 pots which party doesn't (and of course higher rake $25, $30 etc), and PR has also introduced a new rake structure that is more exspensive than Party.

Bottom line, is there any way to calculate/estimate, what my BB/100 would have been at party (besides going through each and every hand)? Has anybody else been giving this any thoughts?

Or should I just try to move up by now, see how it works out (BR is not an issue)??

All comments on this subject is welcome.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Comparing win rates: Party vs PR vs ABS vs Prima etc...

Bump. Don't anybody have any thoughts about this?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:27 PM

People don't want to discuss winrates. There have been entirely too many posts about them in the last week or so. Just play, if you're winning say yay.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:10 PM

Observe the higher games for a while; if you're a good player you should be able to tell if you'll have an edge in them or not.

Then, proceed according to your level of risk aversion and bankroll management.

Enjoy!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People don't want to discuss winrates. There have been entirely too many posts about them in the last week or so. Just play, if you're winning say yay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think my post/question have been misunderstood. I'm not asking "is this winrate good?", but instead what a winrate at one site with a given rakestructure would be equal to at another site with another rake structure.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:32 PM

I think there are too many variables to compare different sites in respect to winrates. I've been like yourself and been bonus whoring at numerous sites and I do have different BB/100 rates at each site but I don't take any notice of it as the games at these limits are so transient that it's difficult to play a substantial amout of games against the same regular opponents.

The rake at Party is better than some of the other sites you mention and the games are looser but you'll also find that your varience will be greater at party. I have the worst conversion rates at Party and find that I seem to make better head way in tight passive games. Maybe thats just the way my game is programmed but I like it. I don't think my heart can take sessions where winning and loosing 50BB's are regular occurences.

Best thing to do is step up to 2/4 at which ever site you fancy. It's not as tight as 1/2 in my opinion. 1/2 is full of people who have been working there way up through the limits, where as you find that a large number of people at 2/4 are there because they want to play and it's at a limit where they feel like they are gambling. Set yourself a limit on how much you are willing to loose and dive in. You'll be suprised.

Good luck

lorez
Old 11-03-2005, 03:09 PM

"The rake at Party is better than some of the other sites you mention and the games are looser but you'll also find that your varience will be greater at party. I have the worst conversion rates at Party and find that I seem to make better head way in tight passive games. Maybe thats just the way my game is programmed but I like it. I don't think my heart can take sessions where winning and loosing 50BB's are regular occurences."

BARF [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BARF [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you hellite [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]