Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 03-22-2005, 02:47 PM

Default poker mountain LHE rake too high?

so months after making my initial deposit at poker mountain I finally saw that there were at least two real money tables open at one time. time to try it out and work off some bonus.

I sit down at $1/2 limit and $15NL tables...software runs well. graphics are a bit "lo-fi" but functional and the game pace is fast and fluid. if you leave the cashier window open, your summit points and cash balances are updated in real time (a la Paradise Poker). player skill has not been particularly challenging (30-40% flops) and I am making money in the early goings (*STAMP* sampletoosmall).

NL games rake at the standard 5c/$1 rate, BUT limit rakes are very Party-esque with 50c taken out of $5 pots and 75c out of $12 pots. Since I get 14-20 cents per hand on the IGM skins, I don't mind the higher house fee over there. But 10 cents at Poker Mountain with the same structure drops my rating down for them significantly compared to Absolute and Paradise (who have the same bonus payout but lower rake requirements).

The fact that the rake chart is not posted on the PM web site does not help the cause. I do enjoy playing there and I don't necessarily see this is a critical deterrent to giving them business, but I do feel compelled to speak up about it.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: poker mountain LHE rake too high?

The rake is exactly the same as Party at all limits. Yes it is too high, $.50 @ $5 in 1/2 is not the standard by any means.

The thing I hate the most about it in 3/6 the small blind is $2. I have not been back in a long time. I can imagine it is next to impossible to get a 3/6 game going with a $2 small blind.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:56 PM

I have played there before and didn't notice this. But I'm glad you mentioned it. I would suggest writing their support with your suggestions (post rake schedule on website & lower LHE rake). They like to hear input from their players since it is a start-up and will likely implement your suggestions if they feel you raise a good point.

Posting the rake schedule should be a no-brainer for them though.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:58 PM

Rake schedule is here under site rules
Old 03-22-2005, 03:59 PM

Thanks addict.