Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: AKo hand, Please Comment

[ QUOTE ]
SlantNGo: What if you're not ahead? What if he takes a free card? I think there's too many variables here to try to trap the field for an extra bet. Just bet out, if you get raised, call down, if you don't, lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This player raises about the right amount PF, and he limps/coldcalls with a lot more than he should. If this is a loose table he'll coldcall with medium strength multiway hands more than he should. I expect to see something like

AQ AJ ATs KQ KJs KTs QTs JJ TT 99 88, even QJs JTs, Axs, maybe even Kxs? I dunno how loose you have to get to reach 25%, but a lot of these hands have J's in them. Some of this you dont wanna see, but a lot of it you do.

[ QUOTE ]
afk: What is the line if we get 3bet when we c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this doesn't happen, I wont feel good if it does. Then call it down. There'll be 13.2bb in there at that point if bt folds, 15.2 if he's in. At the worst it'll cost you 2 more to win 16.5-18.5, that's 7-8:1. Think you can win 1 one for every 7 or 8 you lose? Plus you might improve on the river, lots of outs to Aces up or a set of A's.

[ QUOTE ]
tiltaholic: ...it seems far more likely that the ace is a scare card for him and he'll check through which is the last thing we want...so I'd bet and call a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, and that's especially true since you raised PF. His flop raise might be a protection raise, to clean up overcard outs. But if he's raising for value he could have tons of J hands or a bunch of PP's. He's reasonably aggressive, if you show weakness I'm not suprised to see him bet holding worse than AK. CO mighta hit his ace too, or maybe if it's checked to him he'll bet his jack. He was expecting 5:1 when he coldcalled 2, he could have tons of hands. He's been calling raises, so he may not let it check thru if he thinks we're both weak.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:14 PM

Default Sults

Hmm interesting mix of replies. I don't really like checking because I fear a check though and there are some draws out there that sort of worry me. If MP1 has something worth betting, he probably has me beat. My guess when he raises this flop is that he has an under pair (like 99 or TT).

I think the check/call, bet line has merit in this situation. If I check/raise the turn he probably has me beat or is betting 2 outs and will fold.

Anyway I bet and both players folded. I was kinda suprised that the CO didn't call. Notice that if I had KQ, I also would have bet the ace in this spot.

Brad
Old 12-31-2004, 06:33 PM

C/ring the two of them would be pretty hot. Getting 3-bet and losing to AJ does suck. I'd c.r probably. That or bet. I think check-call is too weak, you're ahead too often and someone may be drawing pretty live.

Under no circumstances am I 3-betting the turn.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:54 AM

I don't think anyone up until now has mentioned the possibility that the villian has JJ. That or 88 or 33 or a J with another broadway are the only hands I think he would cold call preflop and raise the flop with. AJ for him is very possible, so I would probably check-call the turn and river. I think I've lost a considerable amount of money trying to push AK too hard since reading on this board how good it is to do so because I failed to temper that strategy with the conditions neccessary to play with the AK overcards. I have cut back on pushing AK in the wrong circumstances and I am solidly in the black with them now.

TomBk
Old 03-11-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My line's a little different.

The villan's stats are solid enough for me to go for the checkraise. I go for the checkraise on the flop, but with a difference. If the MP1 bets and CO folds, I just call the flop, and go for another CR on the river. Why? If I hit the CR on the flop, I am clearly diagramming AK. If I CR on the river, I could have lots of different hands. I might get a lot of action from MP1. Typically, MP1 will just call my CR. But sometimes, maybe 15% of the time, I can get the river capped.

This play only works if the bettor is to your left and there is a single limper behind him. If anything else is different, I either bet out on the flop or go for the CR, depending on the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm. It's interesting that this older thread just got popped. I don't really like my original line anymore, becasue I don't really have a play for if I get reraised.

Incidentally, I'll just bet out here now. I want to know if I need to get away from this hand, and a CR will just cost a lot of money when I'm behind.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:49 PM

Interesting this old thread got bumped.

FWIW I prefer a flop check here. Betting into 4 others on this flop doesn't warm my heart, but it I think it's a pretty close decision. If the flop were 369 instead of 38J, I'd like the bet more; or if the flop were only 4-handed (or better yet 3-handed!) then I like the flop bet more.

I'd bet out that turn. I think there's too much of a chance that it gets checked through and I do not want to give any free cards to [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or hands like KQ, KJ, QJ, etc.

Kinda surprised they both folded to your bet.

Overcard hands are fun.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Sults

My first thought was to CR. But then there was a possibility of a Check-through. Then I weighed the advantages between CRing and betting out. I think CRing is better here.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My first thought was to CR. But then there was a possibility of a Check-through. Then I weighed the advantages between CRing and betting out. I think CRing is better here.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if your'e raised?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:42 PM

I would call down if reraised.