Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 11:59 PM

Default TT underpair

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: SuperHero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, SuperHero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">SuperHero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">SuperHero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (11 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, SuperHero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, SuperHero calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB

How's it look?

edit: one thing, I'm pretty sure I should have reraised but I came back into the hand after it gave me the BUZZ HURRY UP IDIOT warning so I panicked and just hit call.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: TT underpair

I think it's pretty good. You might be able to three-bet preflop for value, since the guy open-raised, or if you have any stats on him. The only thing stopping you is being out of position, so calling is cool in my book. The river is meh, you are probably able to value bet, but with an overcard out there as well as the flush coming in with three others, I don't mind check-calling (not to mention the second deuce, despite how innocuous it looks).
Old 04-07-2005, 12:04 AM

Good flop bet, you really want MP1 to raise to clear out the field hopeflly.
I'm not sure why you didn't bet the river. I'd bet and call a raise. It would really, really suck for the river to be checked through and your hand to be good.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:05 AM

Unless MP1 was a total rock, I'd 3-bet preflop.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:08 AM

Remeber these words or else they will be repeated to you over and over:
Post your reads on any opponents in the hand.

If I was playing the hand without reads I probably would have played the same as you except I would have 3-bet preflop (you already talked about that though). I like the check/call on the river because with that many opponents there are so many ways you can be beaten.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:30 AM

alright, sorry about that. I had no real reads, as I was doing all kinds of other stuff while playing.

good to know people share my fear of the river.. especially the deuce. Paradise Poker (in the couple of days I've been playing) seems to have that annoying configuration of tight players mixed with a few "fish".. I was really afraid of that deuce.

thanks!
Old 04-07-2005, 12:38 AM

Looks pretty good to me. HU I like to bet the river here and fold to a raise, but 4-handed this seems like the right line. No way you're re-raising the river bet. You're losing to trips or a flush way too often.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:48 AM

I'd 3-bet pf unless Villain is super tight.

Bet the river. You can decide whether to call a raise based on: (a) who makes it; (b) how others react.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:22 AM

I'm not sure what the correct river play is. I think it's not too bad to check call. Since button is betting, it's more likely that he is betting a worst hand when the scare card comes. More interesting question may be :what do you do if SB bets out on the river? In this case I think it's a good time to raise the river (you don't want overcalls). I think you played the hand well overall.