they're laughing their asses off.

Probably in Baltimore as well...or at least a collective "Whew! Not us!"
Old 08-11-2005, 03:13 PM

Default Re: And in San Francisco...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose they were laughing during the last Super Bowl too.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose they were laughing during the last Super Bowl too.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think a player like TO is worth it just to "get" to the SuperBowl you better win one.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:24 PM

TO bashing is really dumb, IMO. I'm sorry, but for as much chit as the guy talks, he plays hard, and he plays to win. Yes, he's annoying. But he's not like Moss where he'll take plays off or even leave the field early. Owens is immature off the field. Moss is immature everywhere.

There are probably about zero guys in the league who suffer than injury and play in the Super Bowl. And play well.

Yes, I agree, he's annoying. Sure, maybe he's distracting, sets a bad example, whatever. But he's awesome and they can't make a run at the Super Bowl w/o him. He'll play for the Eagles, and he'll talk chit and everyone will bad mouth him. But he'll be extremely productive because he always is.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:04 PM

There are probably about zero guys in the league who suffer than injury and play in the Super Bowl. And play well.

nonsense. also comparing oine idiot to another (moss) and saying 'he is worse' doesnt make the other dude look good. what owens is doing now is a disgrace. he signed a contract (that pays him to produce the numbers he does) and now doesnt want to honer it. this is all following an offseason that he was disruptive also. stfu and play you clown.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he signed a contract (that pays him to produce the numbers he does) and now doesnt want to honer it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they can cut him at any time why can't he ask to renegotioate? Here's a conversation I had just this afternoon which gets at the same thing:

brettbrettr: should I quit now or Monday?
Guyute909: now
Guyute909: and then call me
Guyute909: who quits on Monday?
brettbrettr: dunno
Guyute909: you know, companies fire people at the end of the week because it gives them the weekend to let it sink. less likely to come in and shoot people if fired at end of week
Guyute909: funny
brettbrettr: yeah, mayeb I should riun their weekend like they'd ruin mine had they fired me
Guyute909: exactly
Guyute909: plus, then they're less likely to shoot you
brettbrettr: hahahahha
Old 08-11-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also comparing oine idiot to another (moss) and saying 'he is worse' doesnt make the other dude look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I chose Moss b/c hes about the only other WR in TO's class. For you sake brother, next time I'll compare TO to Givens.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be assuming that he came back for his team - the ONLY reason he came back to play in the Super Bowl is because he knew that he'd be asking for a new contract - he played in the Super Bowl for himself, it had nothing to do with the team, in fact the first thing he said after the game was "see what I did, I told you I could do it" - never said anything in ANY interview about the team .... he knew from day 1 he was going to try and re-negotiate after last season and that's the ONLY reason he came back from injury to play in the super bowl.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:25 PM

That was my read on the situation, during the offseason, as well. Any reinjury risks were not career-threatening and worth the gamble.
Imagine what the noise would have been like if he'd actually contributed REAL value during the SB, rather than inflated numbers? If he'd scored a touchdown or two, or if the Eagles had won the SB, the T.O camp would have been much more succesful in holding the franchise hostage.
Old 08-11-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think a player like TO is worth it just to "get" to the SuperBowl you better win one.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a city that hadnt seen a super bowl in 24 years, i strongly disagree with this - of course it would have been nice to win the game, and we almost did, but after the last few years of getting to the championship game and not making the super bowl, the linc would have been torn down if we didnt make it last year - very worth it if you ask me, hopefully they get back there soon (not interested in waiting another 24 years), and it would be a lot easier with TO on the team