View Poll Results: Gwynn vs. Kelsey
Gwynn 102 41.13%
Kelsey 146 58.87%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2005, 03:11 AM

Default Re: taking someones SATs for them, for a fee

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and if any professional poker players want to debate the ethics of this, i would think about the people you win money from.

[/ QUOTE ]

how are these even related again? oh yeah they're not

regardless, this is extremely retarded - I hope the girl somehow dies of syphilis

I hate cheaters

[/ QUOTE ]

lets get back to the topics of:

1. how much should i be compensated

2. what are the risks for me, ie chance of me getting caught. is there a handwritten part would be sent to each college? even so there is no way to trace it to me, that is what im thinking.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. its not for a girl. i would have figured out the fatal flaw much earlier in that case.

2. again, i am not worried about the kid suddenly showing up with a great score. this is not an issue, kids who are tutored for a year intensively will often ace the test. i have zero worry about the parents saying "i thought my kid was retarded, and now he aced the test?"

[/ QUOTE ]

but what about the parents saying, "i thought my kid had 5k in his bank acct, where did it go?"

[/ QUOTE ]

not an issue. extenuating circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

your PM inbox is full dammit. I want to know these special circumstances. i wont tell anyone, its drving me nuts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

said customer is legit. i could say something that would make everyone realize this but i'll pass, for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

So they are a poker player or drug dealer, or the parents are in on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a Walton.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

said customer is legit. i could say something that would make everyone realize this but i'll pass, for obvious reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a Walton.

[/ QUOTE ]

my dad taught bill walton when he was at UCLA. but not the walton youre thinking of.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and if any professional poker players want to debate the ethics of this, i would think about the people you win money from.

[/ QUOTE ]

how are these even related again? oh yeah they're not

regardless, this is extremely retarded - I hope the girl somehow dies of syphilis

I hate cheaters

[/ QUOTE ]

lets get back to the topics of:

1. how much should i be compensated

2. what are the risks for me, ie chance of me getting caught. is there a handwritten part would be sent to each college? even so there is no way to trace it to me, that is what im thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is little to no risk for you, but definately a lot of risk for the other guy. he is the one thats gonna get [censored] if you get caught. its not like they will have police there, so if you get caught you can just run. but they have his name, so he will face the consequences.

pay depends on how smart you are and how dumb he is. I think you should get about $1000 per 50 pt increase between his projected score and your actual score. So if he would get a 1300 and you get him a 1600, you get 6k.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:21 AM

The high school does not get any hand written portions of your test, they only get your scores, if that. And how were you planning on the whole having to show photo id thing? Because even if it was a fake, i'd assume the fake would be from a different state therefor making it hard to explain why Joe So and so from 123 fake street California is showing up with an Arizona ID. But if you can get around it, hell yeah I'd do it.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:26 AM

while i think your idea of 1K/50 pts is a good idea and probably the most equitable, i think it would be easier to negotiate this as a flat fee. complexity is bad, especially since i am talking with someone who is afraid of taking his own SATs.

the more i think about it, the more it looks like i am in the clear and it cant be pinned to me.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a Walton.

[/ QUOTE ]

my dad taught bill walton when he was at UCLA. but not the walton youre thinking of.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was talking about this one. But that's pretty cool, too! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
while i think your idea of 1K/50 pts is a good idea and probably the most equitable, i think it would be easier to negotiate this as a flat fee. complexity is bad, especially since i am talking with someone who is afraid of taking his own SATs.

the more i think about it, the more it looks like i am in the clear and it cant be pinned to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I dont think there is any way it can be pineed on you unless you do something really stupid. the SATs are run by SAT people who come in and administer the test. it is unlikely anyone is gonna recognize you are be able to somehow stop you from escaping if caught. unless they do something like hand you the test and pretend everything is fine and then call the cops while you are taking it. But I dont even think there is anything the cops could do, maybe get you for impersonation or whatever since you used a fake ID?
Old 10-31-2005, 04:12 AM

is it out of the question that his school could be notified if caught? there's not a chance i take this risk for my whole life where i can make a whole bunch of 5ks or whatever they are with a college degree and good name.