Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Taj $120nl tournies vs. Foxwoods $100nl tournies

Hello all, back from a 5 month break while I paid off some bills. I'm sure you missed me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Been re-honing my game with some tournies, my first one back was the Fri morning $80 + $20 at FW, was 8th out of about 170, good for $408.

Going to do one this weekend at the Taj, a $100 + $20. My question is this: The players at FW weren't that good. Very little pre-flop raising/passive play in general, min-raise city, over-aggressive play, not very attentive, etc. What can I expect from my opponents at a Taj tourney? I highly doubt it is much better, but I'm interested to hear what some of you have to say.

If you see a stocky guy Sunday with a black Bo Sox cap on, come over and say hi. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Taj $120nl tournies vs. Foxwoods $100nl tournies

anyone?
Old 06-25-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Going to do one this weekend at the Taj, a $100 + $20. My question is this: The players at FW weren't that good. Very little pre-flop raising/passive play in general, min-raise city, over-aggressive play, not very attentive, etc. What can I expect from my opponents at a Taj tourney?

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, you can expect a lot of weak play mixed in with all the things you mentioned above.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:17 PM

Thanks, man.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I highly doubt it is much better, but I'm interested to hear what some of you have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lets see. Down to three players one actually folded his BB when 1/3 of his stack was already in the pot. The other guy had quite a few huge suckouts earlier when he called huge raises with absolutely junk.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:12 PM

Really? Good. I'm surprised that so many novices will plop down $120 for a tournament like it's nothing. I only played with one full-time pro at the FW one, it is heartening to know that the Taj ones aren't a shark-fest also.

Anyone tried the $300 + 40's? The payouts are sexy, if I take down a nice score in the next few months I might give them a try too.