Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:23 PM

Default AK makes trips

This is a situation that I would like to extract value from but I have found trips (not sets) somewhat tricky to play against aggression. Converter does not seem to work for Paradise.

Paradise 5-max (5 handed)$50 NL

Hero($100) is on the button with AKo, deep-stacked villian($75) is UTG and makes his standard raise to $2.50. Short-stacked villian has about $7 when the hand begins and calls. Hero repops up to $9. UTG insta-calls and SS villian moves in. There is about $25 in the main pot and about $5 in the side pot.

Flop comes 6h Ac 3d

Villian checks and hero bets $15. Villian quickly calls.
Turn is the 10c. Villian checks and Hero checks behind.(weak?) River is As.
Villian checks again and Hero bets $28 into $35 side pot.

I think I might have been best to bet the turn but perhaps the check added some deception. I would have called reasonable river bet from villian wether the river Ace showed up or not. Thanks for replies.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:26 PM

Default Re: AK makes trips

While I wouldn't say 150xBB is exactly deep stacked I think you played this hand expertly.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Re: AK makes trips

im actually not a fan of the turn check at all. yes i think it is very weak. with one more person in you odds are dropped and we already have this hand with one all in. take down the side pot on the turn so he doesnt suck out or at least charge him for a back door flush draw.