Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2005, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Group Buy - Teddy KGB chips

[ QUOTE ]
1$ dark blue with 2 edge spots...boooooo!

You heard it here, two edge spots at 6 and 12 will not look good. This should be three white edge spots like the first mock ups.

DJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Phillip,

I would have to passionately agree with the DOC here.
I feel about as disappointed with the "2" edgespots on the $1 chip as I did when I thought that there would be no $500 chip.

And once again, I appreciate all the work you are putting into this, but let me say this:

I am ordering 750 chips. 300 of those are going to be the blue $1 chips. This will be my first real set of chips. These may have to last me many years, I probably wont buy another set for a long time.

Every thing about these chips are perfect for me, EXCEPT the 2 edge spots on the $1. I would have to say that others feel the same. Why have the 25 cent chip look better than the $1 chip [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. For most of us, the $1 chips will be used more than any other chip in the set, and consequently, should look good.

I though that the three white edgespots were awesome. Please help bring these back. I don't want it to deter me from getting a set. Then again, I don't want to have this set for the next 20 years and look at the $1 edgespots, and think that I would rather have had the "three edgespots," and what could have been. I also think that the "3 spots" on the blue would compliment the "3 spots" on the $5 red, which would probably be the second most used chip in my case.

I think that having the "3" spots on the $1 chip, would also be a good business decision on your part. I think that when these chips go "live" they would sell better that the "2" edgespots. At $1.25 a chip, what would deter someone from just buying the NJ clays at the same price with more spots? (other than the KGB's are better obviously, but only we know that!)

Please Phillip, I emplore you, on behalf of myself and the others involved with this group buy, when you talk with Dennis tomorrow: please save the "$1" chip from butchering. Please help reimplement the blue $1 chip with THREE WHITE EDGESPOTS!

Thanks,
Tony.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:22 PM

Is there nowhere to see a final proof or mockup of all these chips??

I might be interested, but I need to see! Also, what is the inlay? The Bear or the Chesterfield? Sorry, I'm confused!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:19 PM

Philip, if you need help getting a proof together pm me and I'll see what I can scare up for you.

I'm not involved in the order (but those $.25 chips are tempting). Sounds like that $1 would need more color on the edges for the price... a mockup might go a long way. Depending on the size and placement of the 2 spots, they might look as good or better than a 3-spot. But if they're little 1/8" wide spots 2 isn't going to look as nice as more (clearly all these are just statements of opinion).

Thanks

PinataUT
Old 02-10-2005, 10:11 PM

The $1 will have the 3 white edge spots afterall.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The $1 will have the 3 white edge spots afterall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hold on, let me clean up this mess I just made....okay, that rocks, I'm in, can't wait. Thanks again to everyone who helped put this together, these chips are gonna rule.

DJ
Old 02-10-2005, 10:32 PM

Okay, let's talk chip breakdown. If one wanted to be able to spread a wide range of cash games and tournaments, how would you break it down for 500 chips? 1000 chips? Thanks for the help.

DJ
Old 02-11-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, let's talk chip breakdown. If one wanted to be able to spread a wide range of cash games and tournaments, how would you break it down for 500 chips? 1000 chips? Thanks for the help.

DJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Phillip,

I'd like to say great news on the $1 spots. Sorry for being a whiner. I am just selective about this stuff.

Doc:

If you are getting 1000 chips, then deciding a chip breakdown for a cash/2-3 table tournament should be no problem. I haven't figured it out for 1000 chips, but I would assume that you would get many more $25's and $100's

Although everyone does things differently:
I am getting 750 chips.

(chip case has rows of 75)
75 - 25C
300 - $1
150 - $5
75 - $25
100 - $100
25 - $500
25 - $1000

We play 1-2 NL and 2-5 limit so we don't have much use for 25C chips. I got them only for antes in Stud, or your occasional lower stakes friendly game.
This could serve as a smaller stakes (or large stakes) cash game set with the 25C, $1, $5 and $25 These are plenty of chips to run two cash game tables.

For tournament play:

This set will handle a two table tourney.
Although unorthodox, I will treat my $1 chips as $10 chips and the $5 chips as $50 dollar chips.

20 players:
Each player will get:
15 - "$10" - $150
7 - "$50" - $350
5 - "$100" - $500
1 - "$500" - $500
for a total of $1500 chips (just like online)
We have
10-20, 20-40, 50-100, 100-200 (color off "$10" chips)
150-300, 200-400, 200-400 +50, 300-600+50 (color off "$50")
400-800 +100, 500-1000+100, etc etc.

In order to avoid using the $1, and $5 chips, I would get more "$25" chips, but we don't always do 20 person tournaments, so I'd rather have more $1 chips and $5 chips for typical cash games.

Most of our bigger (20 people) games start as a tourney, and transfers to a cash game as people drop out.
There is usually enough players for a side game at the first break. This is when we cash off the "$10" chips (actually $1 chips) At this time, they can use the $1 chips, which will probably get them started along with the $25's that I am not using in the tourney. People would say that this is a bad idea because people can play cash game with the tourney chips. My response is to account for your chips before you put them in side play. At any rate, most of my home game patrons are pretty trustworthy and wouldn't pocket a chip because they need it in play in the tourney.
Our cash games don't use $100 chips, so nobody will be able to sneak one in from the tourney. It would be too obvious.

So sorry to ramble on, but this is what I am doing.
Thanks.
Old 02-11-2005, 12:44 AM

Sorry to ignore some emails, but I am getting tired of answering the same questions that I answer on this page!

The chips will look like the mock up that was put up earlier on this thread with the exception of the the $1000 chips. They will have 4 double edge spots (grey and dk blue).
There will be no $5000 chip.

I am sorry to be a snob, but I get over 20 emails a day asking the price and proofs and asking me to change the designs.

I have answered all the questions that need to be addressed on this forum! So if anyone is getting ignored, you know why!

Once we get this setup and delivered, I will work on the Chesterfields!
Old 02-12-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Way off topic, but:

Way off the topic, but I don't want to bother Phillip anymore, he seems busy.

I signed up for paypal, put in my credit card and checking account info, then verified the account info.

Now, do I have to transfer funds into the paypal account to pay for these chips or do I just pay through paypal with my credit card, without transfering funds in?

Excuse my ignorance,
the PayPal "newbie" [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2005, 03:03 AM

Default Re: Way off topic, but:

[ QUOTE ]
Now, do I have to transfer funds into the paypal account to pay for these chips or do I just pay through paypal with my credit card, without transfering funds in?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to transfer any funds. If you linked your checking account to PayPal you can pay directly out of your checking account through PayPal, which is called a "direct bank transfer." If you're new to PayPal, it's easiest to just add a credit card to the account and pay through that. There's no difference for you as a buyer (the seller will incur some paypal fees for accepting the payment). You have buyer protection either way - from your credit card company or PayPay's guarantee (up to $1000) when paid through direct bank transfer.