Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 03-22-2004, 12:18 AM

Default 100 10+1 SnGs 70 done

What a strange group of ten SnGs this was...basically it was all or nothing. 4 firsts, two fifts, two sixths, and eighth and a ninth. In a couple of the lousy finishes, I got unlucky, but I also made my share of bad mistakes. In one, I had a decent stack and raised with 77 in the BB to 450 (75/150 blinds). An earlier limper reraises me all in for about 1100 and I call. He has A3o and turns an A. That knocked my stack from 2400 to 1100 and I get bounced shortly thereafter in fifth making a play (pushed in with two limpers and JTs, and got called by an ace that hit) that got pinched (tilting perhaps???). Folding the two hands probably would have gotten me to third place.

Anyhow, the breakdown is now as follows.

1st - 16
2nd - 7
3rd - 8
4th - 8
5th - 13
6th - 9
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2

Invested - 770; Won 1128; ROI - 46.49%. Pct in Money - 44.2%

I guess I can honestly say now that "my first place finishes are more than my second and third combined"...which, when someone posts that I usually dismiss as false bravado. I'm sure this will change soon. What I'd like to be able to say is that my in the money finishes are equal to my out of the money finishes...don't know if that's realistic, but my 50% ROI goal for the 100 is getting nearer to it.

A couple of interesting stories.

In the ninth place finish, I get 23o in the BB second hand in. A few limpers to me, I check. Flop comes a45 rainbow. SB bets, I raise, he reraises, I push in, he calls. He has 45 for two pair. since you know where I finish...I imagine you can guess what showed up on the river...stinking nickel.

Got very lucky in one of the wins as well, as I pushed in with K8 of spades when covered heads-up and got called by a9 of hearts. two spades on the flop and a spade on the turn gave me the chip lead and won it shortly thereafter.

Another interesting note...I played one SnG tonight with TheSaltCracka and one with AleoMagus and won them both. Salt got robbed when he called an A9o with JJ on a 227 flop (I think) and an A came on the turn. Regardless, both are fun people to play with (although not so fun to play against...I don't think I was in a single pot with either of them...that helped). AleoMagus also has perhaps the coolest icon on stars (and 2+2, as they are the same). Good playing with both of you.

Take care, and we'll see in you in 10 more of these things.

CCC
Old 03-22-2004, 12:44 AM

Default Re: 100 10+1 SnGs 70 done

[ QUOTE ]
Another interesting note...I played one SnG tonight with TheSaltCracka and one with AleoMagus and won them both. Salt got robbed when he called an A9o with JJ on a 227 flop (I think) and an A came on the turn. Regardless, both are fun people to play with (although not so fun to play against...I don't think I was in a single pot with either of them...that helped). AleoMagus also has perhaps the coolest icon on stars (and 2+2, as they are the same). Good playing with both of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand you are talking about was a tough loss for me. But I think the guy was tryin to take it down right there, so in some ways I give him some props for that. However I think his preflop call was questionable, because I believe I raised preflop.

anyways, yeah you know what I tried to make sure I wasn't in a pot with you if I could help it. When I play with my buddy Kerssens on stars I try to avoid him as well. I do this simply because I know that he and you for that matter are solid players so I only want to rumble with you guys with top hands.

Nice win again today!!
Old 03-22-2004, 02:24 AM

Default Re: 100 10+1 SnGs 70 done

Good to see that you won that sng tonite. I can't say that I played great unfortunately. It's funny that you mentioned my icon because in a way it cost me today. (well, <font color="red"> I </font>cost me, but you will see what I mean.)

In the tourney right before I played you, there are about 6 left and I'm dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. almost everybody limps and I think I'll be cute and raise with this hand because it kinda matches my icon.

Sure enough, the flop comes AT5 and gives me a four flush.
UTG comes out betting small and is then raised by a guy in middle position. I think this hand is some kind of divine providence and in a moment of ridiculous Poker superstition, I push in. Not my proudest moment, but at the time I'm thinking 'this is my first A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] since I made this icon. How can I lose'.

Don't bother answering that question because AT showed me just how dumb I am. Oh well.

Was fun playing a 2+2er. Knew I'd run into one of you sooner or later. Great job tonite.

Regards,
Brad S