Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2004, 12:02 PM

Default 50 down, 50 to go

Hi all,

after a brief respite from SnGs (wanted to drain my UB bonus...you're right Al...it takes forever), I am back on the horse and have managed to finish 50 of my 100 10+1 SnGs. My results aren't quite what I'd like, but 50 is still pretty short term.

1st - 9
2nd - 7
3rd - 5
4th - 7
5th - 10
6th - 7
7th - 2
8th - 2
9th - 1

In the money % = 42%
ROI = (734 won/550 invested) - 1 = 33.45%.

The last 10 SnGs (41-50) were a clear departure from my previous results, with only one finish in 4th and 5th place to go with 2 6ths, 2 7ths and and 8th. I did have two firsts and two seconds to go with those, so I did win 50 bucks for my 110 invested. My ROI had dipped as low as 27% after a sllght cold streak (I'm sure I'll see worse...and I don't mean to imply it was caused strictly by cold cards) where I didn't win in 14 tries and finished out of the money in 10 of those 14 efforts.

I'm not sure, but I think this is largely because most of these were played at Party, and I also made a conscious effort to get more aggressive (pushing in with more holdings, like Axs or small pairs) when on a short stack (less than 8XBB). I did bust out a couple of times that way, but a couple of other times I was able to do some serious damage after doubling up. Is this growth? I don't know. I am going back to Stars for the next several SnGs, so we'll see if my results shift back to the "lots of 4ths, 5ths and 6ths" mode. Hope not...rather have lots of 1sts.

P.S. In SnGs 51-53...two firsts and a server crash at party that netted me $15. ROI up to 47.5%...love those small sample sizes.

CCC