Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Question for you SNG power tools users....

[ QUOTE ]
I just downloaded the free version. I'm guessing when you buy the registration key there is more to it like importing HH's? I am definitely buying it as I am switching to the turbo sngs on Stars. Any other tools you guys use like PT or PokerOffice during a game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not certain, but it seems as if you might believe that SnGPT is used "real time" during play. This is not the case, it is used during "study time" when you are evaluating your HH's and working to improve your game.

The author of the software long ago decided not to modify it to be used in real time, and since then most poker sites have made rules that would likely ban the use of SnGPT during live play anyway.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:30 PM

Maybe this will help me and my struggling 14% ROI at the 11s.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:40 PM

I would also say that in addition to just using SNGPT it also might be good to work through the math by hand a few times so you understand what it's doing. I learned from a thread where I asked/learned about pokerstove and eV vs $EV (ICM). I think knowing the math and the theory behind both also helps to use in situations where it might not be as simple as push/fold/call-push.

Here's that thread. But I'm guessing there might be a much more user-friendly, comprehensive tutorial out there?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I'm guessing there might be a much more user-friendly, comprehensive tutorial out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the thread that I used to learn how to hand crank these calculations. I also found some helpful information in HoH (I think 2).

I agree with you that learning by hand first, while time consuming, is very helpful.