Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-19-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: So I Kicked an Old Lady to the Curb Tonite (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful. Great lesson to teach your children: Bad behavior warrants worse behavior. Too bad your domicile is not in the tundra so the wolves could finish where you left off.

Next time, just laugh at her or ignore her. She's a lonely, bitter, frustrated, scared old lady faced with impending mortality; in other words, pitiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should volunteer at a retirement home. Old people usually like boring asshats.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My grandpa asked me "So have you <censored> a girl yet?" this summer when my parents were temporarily out of the room.

I looked up, said "Excuse me?!" he said "What?" and i went back to watching TV. It was kind of awkward

[/ QUOTE ]

your grandpa sounds [censored] awesome

from your "excuse me?" response you sound decidedly non-awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this 100%
Old 12-19-2005, 01:43 PM

Good work. Unfortunately, my grandma's become an old nag too...I only see her at holidays and funerals. My great aunt is a nice old widow who bends over backwards to still cook and help out. She's a sweetheart.

ScottieK
Old 12-19-2005, 04:18 PM

Awesome post. Nice work man.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you feel guilty, cos you deserve to. she does sound horrible but once you agree to have her over you have to bear the consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be kidding. So, if she starts anally plundering the two year old with a strap on, its ok because "you agreed to have her over?" This isn't Dracula. Once cranky ass grandma steps into my domain she doesn't have control over me or anything, and she better follow the general rules of respect that basic society requires.

Ray
Old 12-19-2005, 04:40 PM

The update makes it even sweeter for you. Had you not said anything to her (as some of the panty-waists on here were suggesting), you would have had to put up with at least one more repeat performance. Now you'll never have to deal with her again. This couldn't have worked out better for you.

Too many people are willing to put up with boorish behaviour from others, especially when this behaviour comes from family and friends. This only encourages the boors to keep acting the way they do, without any consideration for those around them. Chances are "grandma" had never been told off before. I doubt very much that she'll learn from her experience, but at least the next day she seemed to acknowledge the fact that she was in the wrong.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:15 PM

Nice job with the situation. Way to make us fellow Wolverines (and Lions) fans proud...
Old 12-19-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you feel guilty, cos you deserve to. she does sound horrible but once you agree to have her over you have to bear the consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

ABUSE, ABUSE, ABUSE
1. I have calls in to Judith Martin and Carolyn Hax, I suspect they will both agree that an invitation to your home does not include an obligation to take abuse from your guest. The OP was a bit rude as well, far less rude than the guest, but I think I might have told my buddy that his motherinlaw was out of line and needed to leave. Tempting as it might have been to t off on the old bat.
2. The OP might want to rethink the spanking thing. It's been decades since a thinking person hit a child as a teaching tool. If one thinks it was good enough for them, it's good enough for their kid.......interesting that you need a license to drive but anyone can have a kid....wtf?
3. The Lions have always been the pits and will be for the near future. The good news is Lion fans got to watch Barry Sanders every week while it lasted. The guy was magic...
Old 12-20-2005, 08:55 AM

I say that was a pwnage story.
Grandma got pwnt.