Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Hand I Played At Bay 101 today...

Bay 101 6/12. most of the table is pretty [censored] loose passive, utg is unknown, this is his 8th hand but he seems fairly tight. button and utg+1 are maniacs.

I am in the hijack with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

4 limpers, i limp, co calls, button raises, we all call.

Flop

T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checked to the button, who bets, limpers call, i raise, co folds, button calls, limpers call.

Turn

4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checked to me, i bet, all call...

River

8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checked to me again, i bet, button folds, utg raises, limpers fold...

Now there are two questions: is the flop c/r and betting out on the turn the best flop/turn line here. also, is the river a call or a 3 bet? I 3 bet, but i really thought it was a call for a second.

rj
Old 12-09-2005, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Hand I Played At Bay 101 today...

i think your flop line is the best, you dont necessarily want the button to raise and blow out the field, although this is not a great board for wanting everyone to stay in, i still would play this more for value than protection

3-bet the river, i think you would have heard from a set already and if you think hes fairly tight he probably wouldnt have limped T8 or something UTG, also i think you would have heard from 2 pair as well

i dont know what the cap rules are as far as if the round has to start heads up or if 4 raises are allowed or whatever, but id call a 4-bet
Old 12-10-2005, 12:41 AM

The pot is huge already, I'd play to protect my vulnerable str8 on the flop with the 2 flush out there and a big field. Bet the flop and pray that Bu raises. On the river when the board both pairs and flushes, I'm in call mode all the way.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:27 AM

The flop C/R looks good to me. Maybe if the board were monotone I'd be more inclined to play the flop slow and get bets in on 4th street.
River looks like an easy 3-bet to me. A random 6/12 live dude has trips way more often than a boat and it's doubtful he has you on the straight.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:37 AM

hey rj,

bet the flop, just call the river c/r
Old 12-10-2005, 04:13 AM

i like betting this flop and as far as the river i would 3-bet. If he had flopped two pair you would have heard about it already, im guessing 98s or A8s
Old 12-10-2005, 06:07 AM

I think your flop line is definitely right. Even with a coordinated board, hand protection simply isn't an issue...they either have a flush draw, with so many outs that any attempts at protection will be futile, or a different hand that is probably drawing dead. Given this, it is definitely best to tie as many people to the pot as possible, and the best way to do that is to check-raise the flop.

I think the river is a clear three-bet. You almost certainly would have heard from two pair or a set before. Just call a four-bet.

Will
Old 12-10-2005, 07:45 AM

3-bet preflop. You have a prime multiway drawing hand and with so many people tied to the pot I think you have way enough equity to raise.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:35 AM

I think this was played very well. The turn may have been a better c/r opportunity, but I still have no problem with the way this was played at all.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:00 AM

Raising preflop is fine, you may have a chance to steal the button. 3-bet this river.

c/r flop and bet turn is a great line, button could have only been trying to take the pot on the flop and may not bet the turn after a flop c/r. There is no way to protect your hand vs a flush draw or anything that may draw out on you but you want to get those pairs to put as much in as possible drawing almost dead.

I like how you played every street, preflop is debatable.

True