Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 12:40 AM

Default Let\'s come up with a chart for moving up in NL MTT\'s -

I've been thinking about this a while - given that I've rededicated myself to tourneys, I have decided to bust my ass and try to rebuild the bankroll that way.

I'm thinking I'll play a tourney if I can cover it at least 100 times when I sign up- (except the buck tourneys - I'll probably get down to 10 bucks and still keep playing them.) - start off with an initial BR of $100, stick with the $1's - maybe two at a time, and once I hit the limit for the next one, I keep playing those limits or lower, untill I'm broke or have built things up.

How realistic/unrealistic is this. Ideas? - This hasn't been discussed in recent memory, and the prolifiration of LL Tourneys makes it feasible to start a BR much smaller then one would originally play on, me thinks.

RB
Old 11-16-2005, 12:48 AM

Default Re: Let\'s come up with a chart for moving up in NL MTT\'s -

I'm sure it's doable, but I think there are faster / better ways to build a bankroll with $100. Also (I'm assuming this is on Stars), those $1.10s don't run nearly often enough so that you could play 2 at a time do they?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:49 AM

Heres my profit graph for tournaments $3 and below...

So yes, you most definitely can build a bankroll w/ these tournaments. not quite sure what you're asking, but 100 buyins should be able to cover any variance, so this shouuld be a good way to build a bankroll.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:51 AM

Jesus. I guess I should be playing these huh?

Nevermind my previous post I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 12:55 AM

the thing you said about time is valid, but there are a few nights a week (Monday Friday Sunday i know for sure) they runn like 8 or 9 per night.

and this is stars only, Absolute, Pokeroom, and other sites ruunn micros too.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:24 AM

Ha, amazing graph.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:26 AM

I knew this already...

I looked up your stats in the poker database for pokerstars....LOL - and with all these you also made the TLB, if I'm not mistaken.

Feel free to PM me any pointers about my play, Exitonly - LOL - Since the last tourney pro I knew got driven away, you can fill me in on all the $1.00 moves - I got a couple, but I'm sure I don't know them all.

Im finding pot sized bets will drive out a lot of people - even if I don't want them to go...LOL

RB
Old 11-16-2005, 01:39 AM

One "move" that i've stopped doing becacuse it feels so bad (but it works)

when i was doing lots and lots of touranemnts at a time, for the first hour or so in the micros, i'd push AJs+,AQo+,99+ preflop (like, open push for 1500 w/ 15/30 blind etc).. it's just amazing how often you get called by worse hands.

infact, i havn't had a big cash in one of these since i stopped doign that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

--

pretty much just remember that early on, you have very little fold equity, so value bet the crap out of evertyhing, and then later on, like the bubble and on, it flips completley, everyone goes weak-tight and you can steal from any position.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 AM

I had the same experience Exit had with pushing with decent hands preflop. It really was crazy what kind of crap people called with. I guess they just want to gamble since the tourneys don't cost much.

I also would bet more than usually any time I flopped a big hand since players are going call with anything. For some reason over betting with made hands constantly gets called in the early stages.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:09 PM

I try to cover the buyin by fifty time. When my BR shrinks to 50 times the next level I drop down. So if I had $150 I would play $3's until I had $50 then I would play $1's.