Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 02:41 PM

Default JJ on flop w/ two Kings

MP3 (Villain) is 61/6/.5. He doesn't raise kings on the button, and he is sitting on my right. I know, not the best spot but this table has lots of things going for it.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Is this a respectable line?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: JJ on flop w/ two Kings

Flop and turn are very nice in my opinion but I sort of think you missed a value bet on the river.

The line on the earlier streets is great. There is no reason to raise the flop immediately, because you can do nothing to protect your hand and an innocuous turn card will likely greatly increase your equity. You will also be much better able to protect your hand, or alternately may be able to get away from the hand very cheaply if the action is a bet and a raise to you.

I think it is thin but I think you have a value bet here. You would have gotten more action on a K on the turn; a player with vpip of 61 and .5 agg. factor is passive but not so much so that he'd stop pushing with a K at this point. Often players with that profile would raise the flop immediately, as well. You'll get called by any pair here and the pairs are much more plentiful than the two Ks.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:46 PM

I like it up to the river. I don't believe he has a king. Bet the river.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:52 PM

I agree. I think that given the way the hand has been played, not three betting the turn screams "I don't have a king". I like they way the hand was played with the exception of the river check. If you are confident enough to raise that turn, on the river bet bet bet!
Old 09-29-2005, 02:56 PM

Bet river.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and an innocuous turn card will likely greatly increase your equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, imo. What cards are we really scared of coming on the turn? A 7?

I also think if you're raising the turn you really, really have to bet the river because the turn was clearly for value and not for protection (if you're ahead the BB drawing very slim on this board).
Old 09-29-2005, 03:41 PM

Yea, he had a king. However I am completely convinced that this was a perfect spot for a bet/fold line, and I blew it. He'll call down enough with the worst of it that a bet in this spot would definitely have value.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:46 PM

I value bet this river. Also you *do* have great position on this guy.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:53 PM

I think deranged hit the nail on the head. I really like waiting to the turn to pop it, and if it doesn't get 3 bet on the turn, i would think that my hand was golden. I find it a bit strange that he did have a K, but regardless I think I still river bet for value.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:37 PM

You're either far ahead or far behind. Raising the turn here would scare out most if not all hands you beat, while you're spewing chips to a K, even a weak king

Just call down and see a showdown