Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: I Can\'t Believe the Results of this Poll

[ QUOTE ]
That gag has been used alot by radio stations, for some reason. Go here to listen to a guy who gets scammed...he is pissed.

Radio Station 100 Grand Scam

[/ QUOTE ]

This was done by Opie and Anthony, back in their WAAF Boston days. Also radio stations have gotten in trouble by making people "millionaires". Problem was it was in Turkish Lira or some other near worthless currency.

Kevin...
Old 06-26-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You mean what SHE made her believe she won, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be pretty young to be this ridiculous. The radio station deliberately deceived her. SHE didn't "make" herself believe anything.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:34 PM

Okay... After all the discussion in this thread, I've come to the conclusion that I'm wrong.

The woman is probably a greedy bitch, but that's just because most women are, not necessarily because of this incident.

I don't think she deserves $100,000 (nor do I think she'll get it), but I do think that she will receive significant damages, and the radio station will be fined.

Still, I think if this happened to me I would probably just roll with it. The woman said, "No one would listen to the station for 2 hours just for a candy bar," but it goes the other way, too... Why the hell would a radio station give someone $100,000 for listening for only two hours?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still, I think if this happened to me I would probably just roll with it. The woman said, "No one would listen to the station for 2 hours just for a candy bar," but it goes the other way, too... Why the hell would a radio station give someone $100,000 for listening for only two hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they said they would?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they said they would?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, again they said they would give away "one hundred grand". From what I have read, they never once said the word "dollars". Of course that doesn't make it right, but I would figure they had their bases covered and they got me good because I made an incorrect assumption.