Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 06-24-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: terrible way to lose a fight...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if that was an actual style of fighting that kid was using or was he just goofing around?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's probably a low or mid belt at best. But it got the job done.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

yep. it reminded me of that video of the karate instructor who had that pimp walk up to him trying to start a fight. he didn't get all into a stance or anything, but when the guy got close, he plants slightly and knocks the guy silly with a backhand strike to the temple. i would have been more impressed if this guy did that instead of goin all crazy with his stances...
Old 06-24-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looked like choi lee fut to me. They use those huge looping swings. If you let one of those land, you're in trouble, cuz they pack some power.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought that was a joke for a sec....like "chow onmi han" or something...it didn't look like his strike had great technique, but you're saying it might have?
Old 06-24-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if that was an actual style of fighting that kid was using or was he just goofing around?

[/ QUOTE ]
People don't drop into a stance that deep when they're messing around. I'm betting he's trained a little.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have been funny no matter which one lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the best part.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looked like choi lee fut to me. They use those huge looping swings. If you let one of those land, you're in trouble, cuz they pack some power.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought that was a joke for a sec....like "chow onmi han" or something...it didn't look like his strike had great technique, but you're saying it might have?

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently Blarg isn't just being funny.

to wit... ...it is also makes extensive use of long, swinging arm techniques and twisting body motions...
Old 06-24-2005, 05:13 PM

No, I'm not saying that he's a great fighter, although everyone looks MUCH worse fighting for real than he does dancing around in the gym or sparring his buddies.

Just noting that he wasn't doing something totally nuts or fighting totally like Jerry Lewis or something. That kind of windmill punching with both hands is actually something you see here and there in there in some styles of kung fu, choi lee fut(or choy li fut or however it's being spelled this month) being the one most people would instantly identify with that kind of punching.

With that punch, hitting with the forearm is okay too, and it really can generate more power than you'd think. That's why the guy went down instantly with one punch, not that the guy throwing it was necessarily that good.

Both guys let each other get in close enough and hang around long enough that if either of them were to throw a punch, even telegraphing, it would be almost guaranteed to land. Both were hesitant enough that their sloppiness didn't get taken advantage of; nobody wanted to commit. This was one of those stupid fights where neither one of them really wanted to be there.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This was one of those stupid fights where neither one of them really wanted to be there.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, especially the instigator. Talk all that [censored] and then...uh-oh.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2005, 05:15 PM

Cool video. But why the hell does it end there? What does that nerd do when the wigger goes down? Does he continue the assault? We don't get to see the wigger's reaction after losing his machismo?

It left me unsatiated.

It would be better if the karate nerd ended up making out with thug boy's woman right in front of him and her making some sort of comment like "wow, nerds really do, do it better." And then she points and laughs at the thug stripping away his last remnants of manhood.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool video. But why the hell does it end there? What does that nerd do when the wigger goes down? Does he continue the assault? We don't get to see the wigger's reaction after losing his machismo?

It left me unsatiated.

It would be better if the karate nerd ended up making out with thug boy's woman right in front of him and her making some sort of comment like "wow, nerds really do, do it better." And then she points and laughs at the thug stripping away his last remnants of manhood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like someone had his lunch money taken.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It left me unsatiated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like someone had his lunch money taken.

[/ QUOTE ]

That and swirlies.

Lots of swirlies. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]