Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2004, 03:08 AM

Default can you call this?

$55 Party Multi - Blinds 15/30

UTG folds, UTG+1 limps with KJo, 3 folds, 3 calls, SB completes, BB checks.

(Pot: 180) Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Blinds check, UTG+1 bets 150, CO-1 pushes in 3030, folded back to UTG+1. (Note: None of the players who folded had more than 900 so CO-1 is only risking ~30% of his stack.)

770 to call, 1250 in pot (1.62:1 if you're wondering)

Can UTG+1 call this?

Thanks,
Che
Old 10-21-2004, 03:11 AM

Default Re: can you call this?

no way im calling an all in with that crap at 15/30 blinds
Old 10-21-2004, 03:22 AM

The4thFilm-

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

BTW what range of hands do you put the opponent on?

Later,
Che
Old 10-21-2004, 04:19 AM

I think it depends on your read on the player. If he is tricky he may be overbetting with trip 2's hoping a king calls. If he is fairly aggressive and I have seen him make moves like this already I would consider calling. For a weaker player, I would tend to think he had a king with a weak kicker, or maybe pocket jacks.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:11 AM

If he wants to bet t3030 into a pot worth 330, let him have it and take his chips later. This early, the odds are too good some clown is hanging around with his A2s.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:21 AM

A call here seems pretty inconceivable.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:31 AM

Che,

Given that this is an unraised pot, I have to grit my teeth and fold what is probably the best hand.

I've seen K9o or worse push in this spot., but given that he is coming overtop of your pot sized bet, I can't call this.

The PF action did not include any raise so I have to allow for a 2 to be out there and this is not a good spot to risk this many chips, I don't think you have enough of an edge.

You are not PC'd and the pot odds don't scream for a call.

Often a weak player will push with a 2 beacause they don't know how much to raise your bet. Conversely a good player can push hoping to look like he doesn't want a call.

I work by the rule of thumb that Top Pair in an unraised pot is no good.

Too many pitfalls in this one.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-21-2004, 12:16 PM

Default what does the villain have?

So far everyone has said fold with remen being the only one who would even consider a call in certain situations. Here are the arguments given:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If he wants to bet t3030 into a pot worth 330, let him have it and take his chips later. This early, the odds are too good some clown is hanging around with his A2s.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
A call here seems pretty inconceivable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Given that this is an unraised pot, I have to grit my teeth and fold what is probably the best hand....

You are not PC'd and the pot odds don't scream for a call....

I work by the rule of thumb that Top Pair in an unraised pot is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted, there was a little analysis in a couple of the posts, but you guys can do better.

You're going to fold? Fine. But why? What range of hands do you put the big stack on?

Later,
Che
Old 10-21-2004, 12:41 PM

Just curious what was your stack size was? If that call would've put you all in, I think its a definite fold.

Early in the tournament with the villain completing in the SB, he can have almost anything going into the flop. I'd say there's a chance he has A2, but more likely he's got Kx or a mid PP and is trying to push you off the hand. I'd say fold, but keep a sharp eye on this guy for overaggressive play. JMO
Old 10-21-2004, 01:10 PM

Default Re: what does the villain have?

Che,

Are you just trying to prove most of us are weak-tight. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

After looking at it again, it could be the CO-1 limped with AA and paniced when the board paired and pushed.

I put the the CO-1 on the following: AA, x2,Kx. He may have an underpair, but I have a really hard time putting him on one with his push, as he is dominated by any K or any 2.

I'm discounting 22 and KK as I would expect a slow play, although with hyper aggressive opponents I sometimes overbet the nuts to induce a call from someone who suspects a bluff. KK would also probably raise PF as even the people who limp behind with AA seem to fear an A on the flop when holding KK.

It hard to put him on a hand as he has done exactly two things, limped along and pushed all in, with no real reads.

I'm not folding because I put him on a better hand, I'm folding because the pot odds do not warrant a call when I have no idea what CO-1 has, and I am only sitting with TPMK on a paired board.

With all the limpers I would rip my own liver out if I called and was shown 23o, so basically I'm folding out of fear of the unkown and crappy odds. (maybe I am weak-tight) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Regards,
Woodguy